Nitek Duo says I died on my last dive... default gas mix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if you have a problem or not, but here's what mine does...

If I set either mix to 21% it stays that way until I change it. If I set either to anything else it defaults at midnight unless I'm under water. It defaults to 99% PO2 and 79% PN2 which I guess is the worst stuff they thought you could be breathing.

It will squeal like a pig below 20 fsw when in default. You can only fix it on the surface. If it defaults after you've set it to air, something is wrong.

Willem

You shouldn't have to set it to anything if you're diving air. Strap it on and go...

Not sure if you are responding to Willembad or me (it does help to quote). As for my diving, I never set my computer to anything but air. It appears to have done the resetting all by itself... just like my Uwatec did. Go figure!

I am.

OK, so I reset both mixes to 21%. Went to dive with it today and noted the display was "odd." It only showed depth and time. By gum... it went into gauge mode rather than dive mode. I didn't set it to gauge mode. Now I'm really curious. Of course I had my Uwatec Tec 2G too so I was fine. Very strange behavior IMHO.

Not sure if you are responding to Willembad or me (it does help to quote). As for my diving, I never set my computer to anything but air. It appears to have done the resetting all by itself... just like my Uwatec did. Go figure!

what is with you and complications, dr. Bill?

time to check if you have a split personality. :eyebrow:

what is with you and complications, dr. Bill?

time to check if you have a split personality. :eyebrow:

But, Maggie, I like things that are complicated (like Tifo), just not my computers!

I am a Gemini!

I am a Gemini!

nooooooooo.... you can't possibly be one of those who read horoscope!

i like my stuff complicated...but i like my men simple and straightforward. :D. and i don't mind if the put up the toilet seat up.

seriously, that is one whacked dive comp u have. my nemo has not given me any headaches yet.

Maggie... I read them occasionally, but I don't believe them... I just smile, or belly laugh.

At least it retained all the info from the three dives today so I can log them. Going to read the manual to see how to put the darned thing back into dive mode instead of gauge.

It was so HOT here today that I got a mild sunburn during my surface intervals. The ocean was like glass (that IS why they call it the Pacific, right)?

Couldn't believe it when I was gearing up for my first dive. I pulled my gloves out of one fin boot and all of a sudden I was bitten. I shook the gloves and saw a 5-6" centipede clinging to them! At least ours aren't toxic enough to bother me. I fed it to the fish at Little Gibraltar. Maybe that's why the computer went wacko on me. Karma!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom