Nitek Duo says I died on my last dive... default gas mix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so now that I've RTFM I've found out how easy it is to put the Nitek Duo into gauge mode. It is quite possible I pressed the wrong button while I was in dive mode and did that all by myself rather than the Nitek Duo doing it spontaneously.

The problem is that it will not allow me to put it back into computer mode until I've not dived for 48 hours. Although I understand the reasons for that, I don't like this "feature." Will just have to be more careful when I am in dive mode.

I'm glad to know the Nitek Duo has not completely taken over my diving! It is a great computer.

Good to know, but I don't want to erase my dive history. Dove without it today and will be nitrogen "free" by the next time I dive.

On most dive computers, either pushing "reset" or removing the batteries will clear the residual nitrogen calculations, but won't clear the dive history, since the dive history is stored in non-volatile memory similar to that in USB flash drives.

Even better to know. Of course by tomorrow the 48 hours will be up just about the time I mail my income taxes in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom