Niterider Hid Dive Rechargeable Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Niterider, do you know if its suitable for british voltage for recharge?

I have the Nite Rider HID light. One of the major reasons I bought it was the ease of attaching it to my BC. Because of the clip on the square battery, I could slide it onto the waistband of my BC, rather than having to mount it somewhere behind me.

I also liked the very small light head and the soft handle. The completely sealed battery case (except for the small cap where the recharger goes) seemed to me to reduce the possibility of a flood. The bulbs have a reputation for being (for HID) quite durable.

The things I don't like about it: The clip, which seemed like such a great idea, allows the battery to come off if the waistband is loose, or when jumping from a boat (one MORE thing to hold onto when getting in the water). The light cord with the wet-connect fitting on it is quite long and can be difficult to manage (read gets wrapped up in or around anything you have on you or get near :) ). The light head is not well focused (although I bought the 6 degree lighthead, which reportedly has more of that problem than the 13 degree).

In sum, I'm not unhappy I bought what I bought, but I cast lustful looks at my dive buddy's Terkel light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom