Nitrogen Psychosis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen any errors in news reports.

Now I have to grab my oxygen tank, flippers and goggles, put on my life preserver and go for a deep sea dive. I just hope my respirator doesn't freeflow.

You mean you hope your respirator doesn't "freeze up" :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

I've never seen any errors in news reports.

Now I have to grab my oxygen tank, flippers and goggles, put on my life preserver and go for a deep sea dive. I just hope my respirator doesn't freeflow.

lets not ferget, we do all this in shark infested waters!! It's a wonder all of us aren't dead!

You mean you hope your respirator doesn't "freeze up" :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Yeah, that can happen! :D:D Happens just before the deadly narcosis sets in.

Yeah, that can happen! :D:D Happens just before the deadly narcosis sets in.

PSY-chosis... psychosis... History Channel sed' so... :rofl3: (Humm... maybe that's what all them normal folks mean when they say, "You gotta' be CRAZY to do this...")

Announcer: “Because of the lack of oxygen at these depths, divers run the risk of nitrogen psychosis… a potentially deadly condition.”

I'm a total newbie both to this board and to diving but I think I have a better understanding of this that you veterans.

I have an ex-girlfriend that was psychotic if she didn't take her narcotics, so the can be a connection between narcosis and psychosis. :crafty:

Oh come on guys "the media" knows that "the general public" is too stupid to understand anything anyway. Why should they bother to get their facts straight?

PSY-chosis... psychosis... History Channel sed' so... :rofl3: (Humm... maybe that's what all them normal folks mean when they say, "You gotta' be CRAZY to do this...")

Oh yeah, I caught the wrong word, no problem there. I've heard news reports talking about narcosis like it's a plague or something horrible and you're dead instantly if you get it. Granted on a tech type dive, it's not your friend.

I had a guy ask me for a bottle of oxygen so he could go diving on his own, no cert card, never "dove" before.....................

I had a guy ask me for a bottle of oxygen so he could go diving on his own, no cert card, never "dove" before.....................
So have him sign a waiver and give it to him. These are the people that we need to prevent from having kids.

I've got an AL40 full of o2, if I can throw some chlorine in the gene pool, just let me know.

So have him sign a waiver and give it to him. These are the people that we need to prevent from having kids.

SOMEBODY has to do Darwin's good work for him... well done brother!!!

KY_BOB... I thought that "NARCosis" = busted... but I see you're point, you may well be on to something. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom