Nitrox 28 Uncertified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well we know that it would be safe for most divers thats why we train with and use a PPO2 of 1.4 and not 1.6, but there are always certain circumstances that do apply. health, water condition, stress levels and so on. Again I do not advocate this with out proper training!

...if you're breathing gas, not air, you need the knowledge. NOT a "trust me" dive.

I agree 100%

Diving with Nitrox (or even Subex 28 !!! :rofl3:) has risks.

Divers have the right to make informed decisionsabout the risks they take when diving.

Without appropriate training....divers cannot make informed decisions.

I agree 100%

Diving with Nitrox
(or even Subex 28 !!! :rofl3:) has risks.

Divers have the right to make informed decisionsabout the risks they take when diving.

Without appropriate training....divers cannot make informed decisions.
It is called SUBEX air28

:D

IF the divers concerned were made aware of the need to calculate %CNS dose and pulmonary toxicity over repetitive dives...then they would be safe to dive "SUBEX 28" as their standard mix...for repetitive dives, over multiple days..... but using this as a standard mix....for all dives...at all depths....poses other dangers...not just those dictated by the PPo2 on a single dive...:shocked2:

what other dangers are there devondiver??

also thank u for ur very informative reply to this thread,normally i just get flamed or bashed when i ask anything about air 28 and not being certified

i think the next time im there with them im gonna ask for a tank to be analised so i can see exactly whats in the tank

is it possible that there not putting 28% in at all and its just ordinary air and thats why they dont have a problem letting un certified people use it?

is it more expensive for them to put 28% o2 in??

is %cns a cumulative thing?

i was diving with this subex air 28,we were looking for the hammerheads at the seaward side of jackson reef,we stayed there at 30 metres for 12 minutes, just before we ascended i got a 5% cns warning from my computer,to be honest i had no idea what i was looking at,when i asked the guiding diver what was up he gave me an ok signal and we ascended, without the course im just depending on that guide to tell me im OK and not fully understanding weather or not i really am OK:confused:

after all my reading about nitrox i realise now that its not a good idea to use EAN28 without being certified to use it, sure they never dive any deeper than the mod of the mix,but who knows what the mix is without analysing !!!!!!!

Last edited:
after all my reading about nitrox i realise now that its not a good idea to use EAN28 without being certified to use it, sure they never dive any deeper than the mod of the mix,but who knows what the mix is without analysing !!!!!!!

How do you know what is in your air tank?

I put it in the same realm as a resort dive or the many deeper dives novices get let into.

Diver are doing things they are not trained to do and are counting on someone else to manage the risk. There are enough boundaries to make a problem unlikely but it's not a sure bet.

Pete

"Better than NITROX, better than a normal air mix", SUBEX air28 the air mixture with a future."

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

But they do not tell us if they are adding anything else or not :) A puff of weed into the tank might be what makes their product of the future :rofl3:

yeah ... they're basically trying to do a run-around "Nitrox" by calling their mix something else

it's enriched air (i.e. Nitrox) ... i would not feel comfortable having someone dive anything but air until they fully understand the implications

now, granted, this is not rocket science ... but they're basically trying to have people dive Nitrox without Nitrox training

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom