Nitrox After 45

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use those good ol' algebra skills from high school to calculate the blending pressures and then I drain the bottle, put in the right amount of O2 V-E-R-Y C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y, let it sit in a cool place for a couple of hours, measure the pressure again and adjust as necessary, take it to the local air compressor and fill up to the desired pressure. Then before I dive it I pull out my handy oxygen meter and measure each tank! as far as the mixing goes I do usually roll the bottle around a little..... the keys here are be careful and meter your gas before you dive it.... but that goes with all nitrox no matter where its mixed! If you go slow and watch your gauges, allow the O2 or He to cool before you top it, your mix should be right on every time. It ain't rocket science but it takes some practice... for the cost of a couple of tanks of nitrox you can blend a whole dive seasons worth!

Doc Deco is keeping me honest here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom