Nitrox for some or all of my AOW Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what is involved in the nitrox course?

Well, first you do a short classroom section.

Then they take the class and put you all in a sealed room and vacuum suck all of the air out of the room for 30 seconds, then they fill the room with Nitrox. They have a team of doctors on standby in case anyone has an allergic reaction in which case they are evacuated and monitored while being served peanut butter and jelly sammiches.

At least thats what my friend tells me, but hes a known liar.

While my instructor was lax and forgot to remove the air from the room, he did manage to go through a book from Padi that covered the theory of it, then we did a test over it and then we did some dives on it. The dives were more or less a formality in showing you can plan a dive on Nitrox.

We had demo's of equipment and discussions about the do's and don'ts.

The course isn't tough as long as you read your materials and can remember things. You cover a lot of ground and there's much more to it than I hinted at. You can get an idea by reading some of the Nitrox threads around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom