Nitrox in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it is even MORE important that you use Nitrox because the diver that is using his gas faster probably has increased workload, therefore increased nitrogen load. The only way to keep track of increased workload is to use an Air-Integrated dive computer!
Oh no, I'm only using a bottom timer and a plan.....

It is simple > workload means >Nitrogen. Do you believe it is true?

No.

This has been gone over in a number of posts in the past few months. You may want to review them before replying.

Nitrogen loading is a result of the gradient between the nitrogen in the air in the lungs and the blood/tissue interfacing with it. That's it. That is a consequence of depth, mix, and time. If you want me to go into detail, I will be happy to.

You would probably get more bottom time from renting a dive computer, then see whether you need the nitrox to extend it even more.

Personally, and its probably all psychological, I dont feel as tired, when diving EAN32. However unless everyone on the boat is diving nitrox, I am still constrained by the boat to dive the same profile as the Air divers.

You would probably get more bottom time from renting a dive computer, then see whether you need the nitrox to extend it even more.
I sold my computer and turned my brain on. In a team a computer is an issue because two or even three will never be on the same page. One guy will have 3min deco another 5 min and another will have different stops. Then mix in some funky gasses and your all messed up. Diving a plan removes these issues but does require more work. For vacation reef diving with a buddy I still use a bottom timer, navy tables, and sometimes v-planner on my iPhone. Tracking my load over a week is not very hard.

No.This has been gone over in a number of posts in the past few months. You may want to review them before replying.Nitrogen loading is a result of the gradient between the nitrogen in the air in the lungs and the blood/tissue interfacing with it. That's it. That is a consequence of depth, mix, and time. If you want me to go into detail, I will be happy to.
We do some fun workout dives above 50 feet of water but cover a mile or so. We run at a very fast pace with doubles, dry suit , and deco gas. I mean after the dive you think your suit was leaking pace. Lots of drag even in a clean kit. Some divers have found they feel better on 21% then any enriched mixes. Pushing hard o2 became and issue for them. These divers were far beyond my abilities with over 10,000 dives. Makes me always keep in mind how hard I'm working at depth. Is it worth passing out?

Last edited:
It is simple > workload means >Nitrogen. Do you believe it is true?
It is probably the same effect that makes people smarter at lower altitudes due to increased PP O2. I'll believe it if you will. Time for a nitrox hit.

We do some fun workout dives above 50 feet of water but cover a mile or so. We run at a very fast pace with doubles, dry suit , and deco gas. I mean after the dive younthink your suit was leaking pace. Lots of drag even in a clean kit. Some divers have found they feel better on 21% then any enriched mixes. Pushing hard o2 became and issue for them. Theses divers were far beyond my abilities with over 10,000 dives. Makes me always keep in mind how hard I'm working at depth. Is it worth passing out?

Doing a strenuous work out at 50ft on purpose makes about as much sense as a football bat to me. I'll keep my workouts above water thank you. But that's just me.:D

I sold my computer and turned my brain on. In a team a computer is an issue because two or even three will never be on the same page. One guy will have 3min deco another 5 min and another will have different stops. Then mix in some funky gasses and your all messed up. Diving a plan removes these issues but does require more work. For vacation reef diving with a buddy I still use a bottom timer, navy tables, and sometimes v-planner on my iPhone. Tracking my load over a week is not very hard.

That's simple -- if you are doing deco cut tables with v planner. The only time I would consider flying a computer with deco is for an emergency abort. A shame that my two computers turn into expensive bottom timers, but not worth confusion about plans at depth.

For recreational diving most of my usual buddies dive the same computer, or one significantly more liberal than mine. And they usually start getting cold by then if they have more air than I do, so it isn't really an issue. If I head out on a boat without one of my regular buddies/team mates I won't be pushing ANY limits.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.675859,-122.306965

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom