Nitrox is it Worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox?

Yes... on almost every dive.

Recently I've noticed a huge improvement in my resporatory rate while diving. In fact on dives deeper then 70 feet I really get closer to my ndl times then I do running out of air. What I get from this thread is that taking a nitrox class would definetely be worth it.

Ironhed:
We recently did a trip out to the florida middlegrounds, we were able to do 6 dives to 100' and 110' in one day. this is simply not possible on air...

And it's not a great idea even with Nitrox.

I use EAN if I'm planning dives deeper than 60 feet...I used it on a 7 day live aboard for the most part, even shallower.....I think any time we are using more 02 than nitrogen, the loading over a several day loading period would be advantageous. Plus, regardless of what they say, I felt a lot better at the end of 19 dives than when I normally used air for say 6 dives. But then again, I'm old, I feel better now after 10 hours of sleep than I used to feel after 3 hours in my younger days.

Hi, BDshort. this not meant to pick on you but to use your logic...I just bought a Ducati for 25000 Euro, so Im going to buy a 20 Euro helmet! make any sense? No me thinks, IMHO, and just my 2 fils worth,...be safe out there..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom