Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would definitely recommend that you get your Nitrox certification. You will get better bottom times and more dives in per day.

Also, many if not most liveaboards only dive nitrox. I was once on the Agressor fleet and everyone there dove Nitrox and I think only Nitrox was available.

Frankly, if you are not using nitrox on a liveaboard, then you are wasting your money on a liveaboard.

And this is why I have not yet done a nitrox course. So far, I have not needed it. It sounds like it might be a good thing, but that is dependent on where i do the liveaboard.

I haven't done a liveaboard so I can't offer anything from experience. However, depending on the weather or sea conditions you may not go to the published sites but instead go to deeper sites where nitrox may be a definite advantage. I agree with Diving Canuck, if Nitrox is available why not use it especially if the higher cost (if there is any) is reasonable.

If you decide to get your nitrox certification sign up for the instruction only (no dives). There was a choice in PADI. I don't know about the other agencies. There is nothing new to learn about the mechanics of diving on nitrox vs. air and you'll save some money.

Last edited:
I would definitely recommend that you get your Nitrox certification. You will get better bottom times and more dives in per day.

Also, many if not most liveaboards only dive nitrox. I was once on the Agressor fleet and everyone there dove Nitrox and I think only Nitrox was available.

Frankly, if you are not using nitrox on a liveaboard, then you are wasting your money on a liveaboard.

If ou read through this thread carefully, you will see that there is a difference between the specific liveaboard being contemplated and liveaboards in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom