Nitroxed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Passed my nitrox exam last night
I assume my posiedon FFM can handle it?
Or maybe I will suffer a full facial combustion under water....

FFMDiver:

Yes it will do it, Cylinders need to be O2 clean, Regs (including your ffm) dont as long as you stay under 60% O2. Other countries recomendations may differ. Would have thought your nitrox course would have covered this?

Mike

Wreckie:
Yes it will do it, Cylinders need to be O2 clean, Regs (including your ffm) don't as long as you stay under 60% O2. Other countries recommendations may differ. Would have thought your nitrox course would have covered this?

Mike
don't as long as you stay under 60% O2. Other countries recommendations may differ. Would have thought your nitrox course would have covered this?

actually most manufactures recommend 40%

Be very careful of Nitrox with Full Face Mask.

You may excellerate your whisker growth. But it will be great for your skin.

Only joking, of course!

theskull

Most LDSs will be willing to O2 clean your face. But you can probably get a new face already O2 cleaned at LP for less money.

I would be carefull! Allowing increased O2 levels to touch skin has been known to bleach it.(just ask Michael Jackson).

Hall

DivesWithTurtle:
Most LDSs will be willing to O2 clean your face. But you can probably get a new face already O2 cleaned at LP for less money.
:D

FFMDiver:
Question? I am trying to research FF Masks, can you, or anybody else give me info on the different brands, I am kind of thinking about the Ocean Reef setup, but just today found out that Poseidon makes a full face mask. I would appreciate any information that I would receive on this mask and feedback on full face masks in general.
Please no DIR talk.
Thanx deepsix33

deepsix33:
Question? I am trying to research FF Masks, can you, or anybody else give me info on the different brands, I am kind of thinking about the Ocean Reef setup, but just today found out that Poseidon makes a full face mask. I would appreciate any information that I would receive on this mask and feedback on full face masks in general.
Please no DIR talk.
Thanx deepsix33

You might look at the Divator (AGA mask) as well. Far superior to the Ocean Reef. The reg is high performance and the mask was made for diving. I'd recommend the demand reg. The black mask is around $600. Let me ask, why do you want a full face mask? There are three and a half reasons to dive a full face mask. 1) Environmental - cold, poluted, etc... 2) Physiological - High PPO2, TMJ, dentures, etc... 3) Communications. Not necessarily in this order. The half reason is the "neat and geewhizzy factor". Think this one through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom