No. 1,000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sept. 4, 2023. Paddys Head, Nova Scotia (St. Margarets Bay). Same place as OW checkout dive No.1 Nov. 5, 2005 almost 18 years ago. It's also a place where I often assisted on OW courses. Joined SB Dec., 2007. Just a run of the mill dive. Got a periwinkle for a souvenir. A few years ago when I was in the 6-700s I figured at my current rate I'd make 1K just short of turning 70. Beat that by almost 8 months. I've been slowing down gradually the last few years to sites requiring I gear up on my trunk and walk maybe 20-30 feet over flat surfaces to the water. This will continue. Also plan to drastically cut down on those dives in my wetsuit throughout the winter, sometimes in water around 35F or lower and air in the 20sF. Anyway, the turtle finally wins the race.

Blessings

:bounce:

Congrats TM!

So no nude dive when you hit 1,000 dives in Canada ?
🥶
We had someone do it in 21c water for their 1,000th, funny , almost spat my regulator out I was laughing so much.
It is not a pretty sight, but what a 'hoot'.🤣
He pre warned the women onboard, they said 'go for it', and he did.
From stride into the water to exit was very funny, no frog kicks I noticed.😇

Congrats man. Wishing you hundreds more.

Good for you.. gosh I hope I keep at it like you have. That's awesome!

OUTSTANDING!!! Congratulations, may you enjoy many more dives.

Good to see you keep a record of your dives , I always have, not a essay, just a few lines is all that is needed.
Keep it up, well done. :thumb:

And that nude dive would not be politically correct today, more the pity, so much joy in having fun and a good laugh is a thing of the past.:no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom