No. 1,000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats! When I see someone with 1000 coral reef dives, I might yawn. Most of your dives have been cold water shore dives, am I right? That's impressive.

Congrats :thumb:

Is that a double entendre, was the water cold? :rofl3:
66F, same as a week ago.

Congrats! When I see someone with 1000 coral reef dives, I might yawn. Most of your dives have been cold water shore dives, am I right? That's impressive.
Yeah. We used to snowbird 3 months on the FL panhandle so I became very familiar with shore & boat diving in the Gulf. And a bunch were in the NYC area each summer (still doing that). A few dives in the mid & South states and one tropical trip (Panama). But yes, the vast majority were Nova Scotia shore dives and a few charters here when taking courses.

So no nude dive when you hit 1,000 dives in Canada ?
🥶
We had someone do it in 21c water for their 1,000th, funny , almost spat my regulator out I was laughing so much.
It is not a pretty sight, but what a 'hoot'.🤣
He pre warned the women onboard, they said 'go for it', and he did.
From stride into the water to exit was very funny, no frog kicks I noticed.😇
You gotta have a lot of "self confidence" to dive nude in that water temp!

21c is not that bad for a short dive, back on the boat, in to a 5mm, boots and gloves and he was 'snug as a bug in a rug' again.

Does not happen now, boring PC crowd.

Congrats on a true milestone! Here's to the next thou!!

Thanks guys. I figured I'd make a big deal about it since at my age (69) there is absolutely no chance I'll be changing my "# of dives" thinggy again....

Nine years ago when I was assisting on an OW course I asked 2 students to sign my log book. They asked why I wanted them to sign mine (the instructor had signed theirs of course). I said that I didn't live nearby and may remember them if I see them in my log book 30 years from now. The young man asks "How old are you now?" "Sixty". He says "Good luck with that". Yeah.

I still keep a paper log of all my dives.

I'm a bit amazed that new students don't appear to be given log books by some instructors these days, I though that was a mandatory thing, but maybe everyone is going electronic 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom