no cal shore dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, Renpirate i say you are welcome to join us!!!
that would cool! finally get to meet you guys!
we'll have 4 divers and a baby (1yr old) so i figure we're gonna do 2 (3man team) dives leaving 1 on shore each time with the baby... we'll probably be there on Saturday... but not real early.... maybe 9-10AM?

Sounds like a good plan. Did you have a particular spot in mind? Looks like my club is voting for Gerstle Cove. Lots of parking and good facilities.

Gerstle was our thought ,too.
it's becoming a question of logistics for us, though. it's not going to be easy loading all of our gear into 1 vehicle (with the baby ,now) so, we may not do diving :(... the trip is a yearly weekend at Ft Bragg for two couples and diving was a part of that. but now, with the baby it's gonna be REALLY difficult to take 1 vehicle. of course the guys say take two vehicles, but the girls think that's counterproductive (wanting to spend the drive time chatting and all) and they do have a point , but we're still negotiating....

sounds like you need a good cargo carrier... throw that on top, load all the gear in it and you're set... hopefully you're one vehicle is on the larger side, this suggestion probably doesn't work for your average sedan.

Good to get a list of other sites .. the last time i was in Monterey it was congested and looked like a drysuit and red beanie convention

jon m:
Gerstle was our thought ,too.
it's becoming a question of logistics for us, though. it's not going to be easy loading all of our gear into 1 vehicle (with the baby ,now) so, we may not do diving :(... the trip is a yearly weekend at Ft Bragg for two couples and diving was a part of that. but now, with the baby it's gonna be REALLY difficult to take 1 vehicle. of course the guys say take two vehicles, but the girls think that's counterproductive (wanting to spend the drive time chatting and all) and they do have a point , but we're still negotiating....

Ahh yes, negotiations. Don't those usally end with "yes dear"?

dang.... we're gonna end up there on the 10th.... looks like we'll miss north coast divers.... maybe next time

If the weather is good that weekend, I might go then as well. Sorry you are going to miss our regular dive, but we do have on every month. March will be in Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom