No LDS, Where to Get Tank Refilled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually he is within his right to buy OL. But whinning about not having a LDS while proudly stating his saving money and over exaggerating LDS costs while at the same time advertising for the OL industry will obviously solicit some responses form LDS supporters. Thus this thread is almost a troll for obviously soliciting a response while he could have simply asked in the NE forum full of divers who know the local by heart.

Mods: let him restate his question in the NE forum.

If you can get tank filled at the paintball place, the best way is to get your own portable filtration system. To have an extra filtration is much cheaper and easier than to build your own fill station.

The paintball place doesn't care if there'e carbon monoxide in their tanks, and no filter will remove that or other undesirable gasses.

The paintball place doesn't care if there'e carbon monoxide in their tanks, and no filter will remove that or other undesirable gasses.

The paintball place that would like to expand his business and fill the void left by a failed scuba shop may very well be happy to upgrade his operation to satisfy scuba needs.

The paintball place that would like to expand his business and fill the void left by a failed scuba shop may very well be happy to upgrade his operation to satisfy scuba needs.

Good point. If that paintball place gets the required filter and has their air quality checked they would be a great refill location. Then all they need to do is make sure they get their marketing out to the dive community to bring in the customers.

Supply and demand. The void will eventually be filled by another business or by a dive club.

Actually I checked and paintball gun use CO2 so I wouldnt recommend diving with a bottle filled with CO2..... Could get nasty.

A hopcalite is more than enough to handle CO if the compressor doesn't take an air directly from a truck. And, if the compressor isn't operated by a gas engine. It is less likely to get more than 3 ppm CO from the begining.

A key is to get a right filtration system. Most repackable and third party cartridges skip a hopcalite due to its price.

And, believe me. If you have a disposal income and have a lot of free time, I don't mind you have your own fill station.

It sounds like that you only need to get a compressor and one extra additional stack.
However, once you get your own, your wish/add list is never end on the fill station.

If you starts from the filtration, you can use it later when you have to build your own station.

If I were you, I would invest a right filtration FIRST. Even you can blend a nitrox fill (PPB).

Just my 2 bar.

Actually I checked and paintball gun use CO2 so I wouldnt recommend diving with a bottle filled with CO2..... Could get nasty.

This is true.
But with the newer high end paintball guns many of them use compressed air. These are guns that can shoot at 15+ rounds per second.
The problem with CO2 at that high rate of fire is that the gas is cold and will cause the gun to freeze up.

And to the OP maybe your local fire department can help you out.

This is true.
But with the newer high end paintball guns many of them use compressed air. These are guns that can shoot at 15+ rounds per second.
The problem with CO2 at that high rate of fire is that the gas is cold and will cause the gun to freeze up.

And to the OP maybe your local fire department can help you out.

I've worked on a field that had an old Baur compressor. The air was not filterd, and a little oil in the mix does nothing to the paintball gun. Helps it, in many cases. :)

Than said, there was never any oil injected into a line. I'd hate to pull the valve out of my HP bottle. :11:

This is clipped from her profile...It might help

About Me
Hey kids, I'm Erika. I'm a college student in Boston and I spend most of my summers on the Cape, but I'm originally from Connecticut. I'm new to diving, but a snorkeling/free diving pro. Usually, I skin dive for clams and oysters on the Cape and I love to pass on my knowledge of the sport and the ocean to others. I got my certification in July '07 through the Boston Harbor Diving Co. (who I now love like family) and I look forward to continuing my Scuba education.

This is clipped from her profile...It might help

About Me
Hey kids, I'm Erika. I'm a college student in Boston and I spend most of my summers on the Cape, but I'm originally from Connecticut. I'm new to diving, but a snorkeling/free diving pro. Usually, I skin dive for clams and oysters on the Cape and I love to pass on my knowledge of the sport and the ocean to others. I got my certification in July '07 through the Boston Harbor Diving Co. (who I now love like family) and I look forward to continuing my Scuba education.

I just told you in a previous post that I'm living in CT. Thanks for letting everyone know my info, though. Saves me a lot of trouble...

Back
Top Bottom