No muss, no fuss, no brane - tables for you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring -- you pose an important question, one that I will have to think about. How do you teach the "feel" for diving limits and consequences to someone who has not been exposed to Haldane-based theory?

Talking about micro-bubbles and phase limits isn't going to do it, but somehow you need to instill the importance of depth, time, and deco time (be it underwater, or during SIT) to a diver. Human nature says that they will push or overshoot the limits, especially the first time that they find out that they went a couple of feet or minutes over and didn't get bent.

BRW's writings are not the easiest to follow, and I've read through some pretty hairy math in my former lives. Until I can "see" the equations better, I don't know that I can answer that as well as I would like.

Thanks for making me think -- and I hope some instructors as well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom