No Need for the FMM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is this correct?

If you are flying IN and OUT of the following airports:
  • Cancun International Airport (CUN)
  • Cozumel International Airport (CZM)
  • Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
  • Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR)
  • Mexico City International Airport (MEX)
You NO longer need to fill out the Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) also known as Tourist Card.

Is anything required?

Sounds like you might have an upcoming trip! That's great. Here's a recent thread pertaining to your question. I can confirm that in November no FMM was required. Only the customs form (1 per household)

Thanks. Yep, heading down on Wednesday!

Thanks. Yep, heading down on Wednesday!
Just flew down and back to Cabo from Phoenix for a few days. Only had to fill out the Customs Declaration coming into Mexico which was passed out on board before landing -- one for each family group. No other paperwork or tiny cards that can get lost while you're in the Country. Yay !!!

Is this correct?

If you are flying IN and OUT of the following airports:
  • Cancun International Airport (CUN)
  • Cozumel International Airport (CZM)
  • Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
  • Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR)
  • Mexico City International Airport (MEX)
You NO longer need to fill out the Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) also known as Tourist Card.

Is anything required?
They have asked to see some peoples boarding pass and when their return flight is booked for. These people did have passports expiring within the year

Is FMM needed for any entry into Mexico by land or sea? I read there’s a 12 mile border zone where permit is not needed.

The airport from which you're departing Mexico doesn't matter, since if you don't have the departure form portion of a paper FMM issued at arrival you won't be able to give it to them when you leave. My belief is that currently all airports and marine ports through which you enter Mexico use the online FMM.

Land crossings currently still require a paper FMM, but you can complete it online and print it. If you leave the 20 Km border zone you'll need to go to INM and get one.

It turns out that foreigners still do have an FMM issued on arrival. It's just electronic-only and you don't have to keep track of it except in unusual circumstances. There's a website on which you can check your FMM (for example, if you want to confirm the information on it). For tourists, the number of days permitted in the country is written in the entry border stamp in your passport, so you shouldn't need to check your electronic FMM for that.

Resident foreigners do still need to register departures from the country by stopping at INM at the airport, but they do not need to fill out an FMM first. Note that the Cozumel INM office has moved to within the departures area and that the window is not staffed. You have to phone to get an INM officer, so allow time for this in your departure planning.

You can complete the customs form online up to 3 days ahead of time and print it out. For Cozumel the "Aduana de ingreso" is "Cancún" and the "Punto de revisión" is "Al de Cozumel". My experience with this has been that they've just directed me to the inspection area without pressing the green/red button, so I resumed filling them out by hand on the plane.

I flew into Cancun did the automated arrival gate with no human interaction. There was a receipt printed out that I saved. That receipt was was stapled to my ticket when presented to the counter flying back to the states. They handed out the FMM form on my flight in August 2023, but I can confirm that it was not needed. Cancun after kids returned to school was great. The club in Terminal 4 even had a shower that I greatly appreciated before boarding my flight home. There was no customs form completed either, it was the easiest entry yet into mexico. I was asked by a guard if I was bringing any cigarettes or tobacco products before hitting the exit and heading to ADO bus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom