No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Checked with some friends (yeah, I am shocked I even have people who admit knowing me)... no one went out, but most (like me) shooting for Saturday (response to Jimmy). In response to my Magic 8 Ball friend (see other posts... still laughing)... think it is worth a shot (if not, lunch at Sharkey's? )

I went out twice on Saturday, swam out from sunset beach. It was pretty rough coming and going, once out and down not bad the viz was probably around 5 most of the time, not bad in my book, but I am used to diving lakes. Went down to the beach this evening and could have definetly made it out again, but I waited to long. Way better than the storm i surfaced in after my second dive sat. If I wasnt leaving for Missouri Sat morning I would be in. If it is close to what it was this evening or better I will be going out tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip, Adurso. I might have to drop them a line and find out what they were looking for.

Like everyone else I'm desperately curious about Saturday's expected Viz.
My girl was talking about getting us on a boat to find some megs for my birthday, but I'd hate to drive down there with all our gear just to spend a couple hours drinking with you all at Sharky's.

Well I said I would and I did.
NO GOOD
I found patches here and there with around a foot of viz. Everytime I was ready to call it quits I would find another patch with viz good enough that i wasnt dragging my reg. I did manage to find a very worn meg around 3" if the root was there, but blade is there around 2 5/8". Wasnt 100% sure untill I got back to the house and looked in the bag.
I was around 21' straight west of Sunset Dr.
sucked kicking back in.
Hoping for some viz for friday my last chance.
Thanks to all for the tips and reports.
OUT

Hoping for some viz for friday my last chance.

Well, I'll be hoping for you for Friday.
Or hoping you find a way to hang out for Saturday.
Though contemplating Monday.

Sorry your trip was such a bust visibility wise.
Thanks for your report. I would have "like"d it... except I didn't like it at all. /grin

Sorry your trip was such a bust visibility wise.

It wasnt awful I had one week of good viz, and I am in Florida instead of Missouri so I cant complain. Now just need to find away to make Florida home. Anyone need a good replacement window installer???

There is always next year. Then again DEMA will be in Orlando this time...hmmmmm

Anyone been shore diving this week? How has the west winds been for viz and chop?
Chop as of now is bad... Viz has been holding 6-10' We've got some crazy wind blowing out of the west right now.. hard to say
whats going to happen to the viz..

Chop as of now is bad... Viz has been holding 6-10' We've got some crazy wind blowing out of the west right now.. hard to say
whats going to happen to the viz..

Thanks Rick! I ended up fishing today. Wish the weather was better up there. Hopefully get in the water soon!

seeing some eastern winds going by... good thing in theory... anyone been out lately/had any reports? Thank you in advance!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom