No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to pass along this coupon to my local area members for $2 off admission to the Sarasota Nautical Flea Market and Seafood Festival March 31-April 1st. I am told there will be over 200 vendors (including myself).

Print the ad for $2 off admission and say hello if you go.
Sarasota March 31 (Sarasota March 31)

I had posted this in the local forum but apparently the Mod felt it was off topic. Since this is the no-topic thread, maybe it will stay here? Just wanted to share the coupon. I have been told there will be some dive equipment at the show and if any of you have used equipment to sell, this would be a great place to sell it.

couple good teeth for some first timers hunting teeth.... found a couple horse teeth as well great day to be on the water...
except for those on the parasail boat being towed in:(

Attachments

• 0403121424.jpg
    0403121424.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 0403121423.jpg
    0403121423.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 68
What is with the surf report this weekend???? Doesn't look good (maybe Friday I will try to get out)... IF predictions are right for Sat-Mon, should stir things up, but stinks it happens on a weekend!... As soon as someone makes it out next week, please post (have a couple of weeks off and want to get out as much as possible). I am sure when I return to my regular job it will be flat as can be!

What is with the surf report this weekend???? Doesn't look good (maybe Friday I will try to get out)... IF predictions are right for Sat-Mon, should stir things up, but stinks it happens on a weekend!... As soon as someone makes it out next week, please post (have a couple of weeks off and want to get out as much as possible). I am sure when I return to my regular job it will be flat as can be!

Lots of seaweed rolling in beach is covered with it along with fossil beds..... 1-2 ft today wth lots of seaweed blocking vision

SUNDAY
WEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 6 TO 10 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS ROUGH. A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY NIGHT
WEST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. GUSTS AROUND 35 KNOTS
UNTIL EARLY MORNING. SEAS 9 TO 11 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS
CHOPPY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING.

Yeah,.. NOAA changes daily... keep your eyes on it.. Sat and Sun looked like good days to go surf, now not so much.. I'm sure by Fri the forcast will change again.. Here's what I saw as of today..

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]SUNDAY
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]WEST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST LATE IN THE AFTERNOON.
SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.
A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]SUNDAY NIGHT
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]NORTH WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS
A MODERATE CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING.[/FONT][/FONT]

Oh yea main reason I don't check till last couple of days, big switch this time.. I finally figured out what tool they are using:shakehead::confused:

Attachments

• magic 8.jpg
    magic 8.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 169
posted this on my FB page, but I REALLY like it....

Caught wetsuit when getting out of kayak (self portrait/photo!). When back on beach some "Spring Breakers" were chuckling over my suit. To "save face" I looked at the back of my suit and said loudly "Damn sharks!" (they stopped laughing! Now doing this every time I come out of water (it never gets old). Almost as good as when a lady asked what all the white floats were in the water. I looked out, bowed my head and said they were memorial markers for divers eaten by sharks (actually there were the floats used for crab trap lines). Gotta love the tourists!2012-04-14 15.15.36.jpg

So, the waves action looks like it will be calming the next few days, any guess on how long it will take before there is some viz? Was hoping to get out Friday or Sat, but not sure viz will be worth drive. Post if you know :) As always, thank you in advance!

Lost a dive flag and float off of Alhambra today if any one sees one going west with about 20' of white rope that would be the one! Had a good day at the beach though diving and with the family!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom