Nomad JT aluminum backplate added for weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings Stano couple of quick questions for you;
What tanks are you using? Size? Steel?
What are your thoughts on the three dumps? I guess I never had issues with just two so I am curious. I know what DR says on their site but interested in your report.

I have not gotten the op to ride one of the JT's yet I have a custom Nomad pre XT that is still being tweaked.
I also have a Razor clone that I have been playing with it is interesting.
I look forward to the SM seminar by Lamar at REACT should be interesting as well.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Cam

I am diving al 80's with a 3lb weight on each one. I will likely get steel tanks as time goes on. I currently only own two tanks. I changed both of my tanks to Lefties so I can get rights from my buddy.

As far as the dumps I use the rear dumps. Having one on either side is a nice option. Also with the inflator coming from the bottom factory u don't lose the bottom inflator like other rigs. I did put a ball on all three pulls also as the factory ones are very small.

Stano

Stano, I think this is a very intelligent design and will help a lot of JT divers that need a little additional weight. Have you considered expanding the weight plate at the bottom corners in order to fit over the webbing hardware? I think this would help secure the plate and add additional weight. The perfect plate for me would weigh 6lbs.

Back
Top Bottom