Non-BHB Local Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys: it sounds like the structure is similar to MacArthur state park and Carlin Park (both of which I've snorkeled) but maybe extends into the ocean a little futher than both and with more interesting things to see (though I've seen a nurse shark and small moray at MacArthur).

sporthlh,
If the ocean is rough, cross the street and make your way to Cato's bridge. Very small area with large fish, you can follow it around to the lighthouse and the north bridge of US 1. This is also a great place to kayak. The road divides the ocean and the intracoastal, in coming tide launch from the beach and come thru the inlet with the current to where you parked. Visa versa for the out going.

I'm trying to figure out where this Cato's Bridge spot is. Is this it 26.952557, -80.078239 ?

Cato's bridge is the draw bridge on the south end of Jupiter island. You can park on the north west side and walk down to the water. I haven't done it yet.

Cato's is not bhb and not easy. There are few places to park and a steep hill to climb down. Like djtimmy77 said before about the ocean side you might want to try snorkeling it first. I park past the bridge where there is plenty of parking and work my way over. The currents are strong and there is a lot of boat traffic but if you time it right you will see nice things around the bridge and the lighthouse area.

Looks like you had a great dive! Too bad I never did Catos, and we just moved out of Jupiter

Yes, I caught it at a good time. Early enough to park on the bridge and nobody fishing. I'll be doing it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom