Nord Stream Pipeline Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t that bored so I was only looking around the pipeline, didn’t think about getting there, won’t make that mistake again. Getting to look more like local talent, or an inside job.
Yeah, not sure if anyone's ever driven a submerged nuclear boat under a bridge, but at 17-18 meters a Seawolf or Ohio would be scraping mud into the reactor intakes with the sail breaking surface or at least leaving a wake (and Neptune help you if a freighter or tanker is in the channel). Compared to that, getting in and out of the Sea of Okhotsk for Ivy Bells would be a cakewalk (according to Wikipedia the Ivy Bells cable tap was laid at about 400 ft, and even then they had to be careful about surge action from rough weather).

Sure, they voted out because they were promised prosperity. The slogan of the day was "Enough of feeding Moscow!" They had no clue they'd end up feeding their own brand of oligarchs. And then the Western Ukrainians began to take their daily life over, refusing to grant Russian language any room. So the central government refused to grant any autonomy for Crimea and the Eastern districts that are predominantly Russian speaking and this eventually lead to break-up of the country. I understand why California is friendly to Spanish language but if Californians were forced to use Spanish in all documents and to speak Spanish only in places like McDonald's and public libraries, you'll get a riot.
As for the hunger of the 1932-3, this was not a "genocide" because the South of Russia also suffered, in the Kuban', Rostov and Stavropol area where about 20% of the excessive deaths were encountered, by estimates.
An intentional, man made famine that kills 3.5 to 5 million people I think can be fairly described as a genocide, those are Hitler-esque numbers. So maybe now they are tired of feeding their own oligarchs, that is pretty reasonable. Where did all those russians come from? Stalin sent them to replace the millions of he killed. They did the same thing in the Baltic states, after taking them over they send in millions of Russians to make sure the locals are kept down.

All those Little Green men weren't local, either. They were Russian and so were the weapons they brought.

An intentional, man made famine that kills 3.5 to 5 million people I think can be fairly described as a genocide, those are Hitler-esque numbers. So maybe now they are tired of feeding their own oligarchs, that is pretty reasonable. Where did all those russians come from? Stalin sent them to replace the millions of he killed. They did the same thing in the Baltic states, after taking them over they send in millions of Russians to make sure the locals are kept down.

All those Little Green men weren't local, either. They were Russian and so were the weapons they brought.
Are you really saying that people of Donetsk don't have any rights because their ancestors weren't there 100 years ago?
In that case, could Zelensky be so kind to return Lviv and other cities to Poland?

I think this is obligatory by now:

Gets kind of hard to talk of the sound of axes grinding.

You are recycling the Ukrainian fairy tales again. The explanation for the hunger of 1932-3 is fairly simple: the plan for wheat acquisitions was not corrected for drought. So peasants died where they lived, about 20% of the dead were outside the borders of Ukraine. And Russians and other ethnicities had lived in the South and in the East of modern Ukraine for centuries. The census of 1926 in Odessa revealed Russians (39.0%) and Jews (36.7%) as the major ethnic groups with Ukrainians in the 3d place (17.6%). The South and the East had never been part of Ukraine and were added by Bolsheviks after the revolution.

Are you really saying that people of Donetsk don't have any rights because their ancestors weren't there 100 years ago?
In that case, could Zelensky be so kind to return Lviv and other cities to Poland?
No, what he meant is that the Cherokees have the right to kill white Americans and take back their lands in NC and TN :)))

I didn't say that. But does not get form letters in Russian warrant an invasion from Russia that has in a year resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths? It seems like the problem for Ukrainians to fix, not Putin. When cruise missile hits a maternity ward or a civilian shelter, I am not clear on how this helps the Russian speaking population of Ukraine. The civilians in Bucha, how was Russia protecting their human rights? The children taken from their families and deported to Russian orphanages, how does that affect their rights?

No, what he meant is that the Cherokees have the right to kill white Americans and take back their lands in NC and TN :)))
Actually I think that is more your point, especially if Russia supplies the man power, weapons and kills the Cherokees in the process...

I didn't say that. But does not get form letters in Russian warrant an invasion from Russia that has in a year resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths? It seems like the problem for Ukrainians to fix, not Putin. When cruise missile hits a maternity ward or a civilian shelter, I am not clear on how this helps the Russian speaking population of Ukraine. The civilians in Bucha, how was Russia protecting their human rights? The children taken from their families and deported to Russian orphanages, how does that affect their rights?
And did you also cried for the Arabs in the Amiriyah shelter? Did you cry for the passengers of Iran Air Flight 655 and for the victims of Obama's drone wars? Maybe you believe Lt Calley is a hero? Or do you reserve your tears for the victims of Russian brutality only? The story of Bucha is most likely a fake, BTW.

And did you also cried for the Arabs in the Amiriyah shelter? Did you cry for the passengers of Iran Air Flight 655 and for the victims of Obama's drone wars? Maybe you believe Lt Calley is a hero? Or do you reserve your tears for the victims of Russian brutality only? The story of Bucha is most likely a fake, BTW.
So, any of those thing justify what Russia is doing? If you you want to have a discussion about about any of those events, start a thread on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom