Question Northern Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ior give Andy Goring/SumpUK a shout.

This is the route I would go. I am currently diving an XDeep Stealth Tec but have been looking to get away from XDeep even though I love mine. I am 99.9% sold on Andy's sidemount system and his new hardware is incredible. If you haven't seen his Quick Connect hardware that requires no threading onto the harness, give it a look.

I'm currently adding select SumpUK hardware to my Xdeep Tec.
When I have the cash I'll likely get a complete set-up from him. The materials and construction look fantastic.

I'm currently adding select SumpUK hardware to my Xdeep Tec.
When I have the cash I'll likely get a complete set-up from him. The materials and construction look fantastic.
They do look amazing. I think I have decided on the eXplorer 30 wing. He has partnered with Yuhsin on that so you need to order that from them. Then I want the Pathfinder harness, which you can get directly from Andy and that accepts the QC parts.

This is the route I would go. I am currently diving an XDeep Stealth Tec but have been looking to get away from XDeep even though I love mine. I am 99.9% sold on Andy's sidemount system and his new hardware is incredible. If you haven't seen his Quick Connect hardware that requires no threading onto the harness, give it a look.

Howcome you're wanting to move away from XDeep?

Been eyeing up the Halcyon Zero-Grav and an Armadillo harness. One for a bit of variance, one for a bit of 'history' and mostly because I'm a tart for anything blue.

Been eyeing up the Halcyon Zero-Grav and an Armadillo harness. One for a bit of variance, one for a bit of 'history' and mostly because I'm a tart for anything blue.
I have an Armadillo if you are looking for one (pretty cheap). Honestly it dives really well for me, I just wanted to ease of adding weight that the Xdeep offered, plus it was available for a very good price.

I am not a big fan of the upper echelon in the company. I have witnessed a lot of negativity from them and I believe diving needs more positivity and a hell of a lot less negativity. So for me, I have chosen to spend my money elsewhere, with people and companies that I believe in.

I am not a big fan of the upper echelon in the company. I have witnessed a lot of negativity from them and I believe diving needs more positivity and a hell of a lot less negativity. So for me, I have chosen to spend my money elsewhere, with people and companies that I believe in.
<3

Northern Diver doesn't list anything sidemount on their site.

Their kit is generally cheap and reasonable value, I still have one of their drysuits. The sidemount rig shown above looks very old.

Back
Top Bottom