Not a poll ..more of a count .or maybe an..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a 47 yr old Canadian woman who has been living in The Peach State for the past 4 years with hubbie (and fellow Canuck) Scubapearce. We both work for an internationally based company in the healthcare biz.

Besides scuba, our next biggest hobby is mtn biking. Yes, we are just too into toys!

In 96 we sold houses, cars, et al. and started our own sail/dive charter in the Bahamas from a 43' Hunter sailboat. Back to The Great White North in '98 for a few months... just long enough to start working for the aforementioned company who transferred us down to GA later that year.

I've been diving since '91, an Instructor since '94 and IDC Staff Instructor since '95. I can see myself getting to Master Instructor (perhaps by next year) but no further; Pearce is a Course Director and one Instructor Trainer in the family is quite enough, TYVM! :wink:

In addition to being an IDCS I also hold a 100 Ton Ship's Masters' Licence as well as Instructor ratings in First Aid/CPR and about 12 dive Specialties. Because we were in the water so much on the sailboat, I sort of lost count of my actual number of dives. Given that I started out in the cold, low-viz waters of Canada, it's a wonder I ever got past Open Water! :wink:

However I have been fortunate enough to dive the Great Lakes, the West Coast, The Florida Keys, several FL Springs, most of the Caribbean, and the Red Sea. I'm not going to talk about those bloody cold quarries in the snow, eh?!

Guess that's about it. :)

~SubMariner~
A Canuck in the Deep South

Perhaps you might like to join up with some of us New England divers who are planning to go to the Keys end of October, just a hop skip and a jump from GA/

Well I am 26. I was born and raised here in Oklahoma.

After 6 years of dating, I got married last summer. Check out the profile pic-Phillip is a hottie!!!:tease:

After being a lifeguard for so long and doing the swim team and swim lesson thang, I thought about scuba and said - Why not?
So I got certified in 1999 at good old lake tenkiller in Oklahoma!:fork:
I really enjoy it and think it's the best thing since wonderbread!

I also like to golf, go to hockey games (Go Blazers!), run, go to movies, and just hang out.

I have three dogs...A 3 yr old shih-tzu named Senor Pepe. He's my best buddy! A 2 yr old English Bulldog named Chloe. And a 1yr old Boxer named Kiki.

I recently finished up my master's degree in counseling. I was planning on becoming a psychiatrist but after my internship I decided that this field was not for me and that I could help more people with their health. So I am currently studying for my Doctor of Naturopathy degree and Master Herbalist certification. I fully believe that natural remedies are much better than prescription drugs any day and I hope to help a lot of people who are suffering with poor health.

I think that's most of the important stuff!
Amber:yummy:

I'm a native Texas (who would have ever guessed?), just "retired" from 8 years as a deputy county clerk. I got certified June this year and have 30 dives under my belt, all in fresh water. It took me 2 years to make up my mind to learn to dive. My husband took me to Mexico for our 25th anniversary & we went snorkeling in the cenotes and Xel-Ha basin. He did one dive that year & told me about all the things he'd seen. Said, "YOU GOTTA LEARN TO DO THIS", so I gave it some thought but I wasn't ready. We returned the following year, went to Cozumel for a dive/snorkel trip. He told me again, "YOU GOTTA LEARN TO DIVE SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I'M SEEING"! After seeing the pictures he took, I gave it more thought. Still wasn't ready...was only thinking about it because HE wanted me to learn....Memorial Day, this year, I went on a camping trip with TSDT, talked to some folks about diving, especially Dee. Decided I wanted to try, practiced in the pool for about 3 weeks before even signing up for the class and I LOVE IT. Wish I'd done it 2 years ago. Leaving 9-26 for 10 days in Coz for our 27th anniversary....Say a prayer for the still "newbie".....And if a hurrican kicks up while I'm there THIS year, I'm not going back on my anniversary again!

BTW---I'm 49, have 1 boy 24, a girl 20 and a grandson 2 mos. old (9-15) who already has a love of water....maybe a future diver?
No pets, but ltos of woodland creatures in the middle of the boonies where I live.

Brenda

A week after getting my OW cert, a couple that had gone through the course with me went to Cozumel, now - in the class, they weren't "the best" students in the class and were really aprehensive and kinda hateing all the equipment but their trip report from Cozumel changed their tune! They actually had a fabulous time and are now really hooked on diving... Enjoy!

and an intermediate diver. I've been doing some altitude diving this summer, will be diving the Channel Islands in November and Honduras over new year's. I'm a middle-aged, overeducated, underpaid university administrator, a writer and editor. I swim 3/4 of a mile a day at the gym. I have 2 very large dogs, one spaniel, two cats and two pygmy goats -- and not a one of them is a diver.

I'm a 24 year old Canadian, currently living in the British Virgin Islands, which is where I got my OW, in April. I'm currently on my way to getting my AOW, even though I've only done 20 dives so far.
I'm married, and have 2 dogs (one living with me, one still back in Canada), but no kids. I'm a housewife and writer, and sometimes do freelance editing and writing work for my husband's office, to keep busy.
My hobbies include reading, writing and divination (I read tarot cards)...oh, and of course, diving. :)

I'm a 38 year old Wisconsite land of beer and cheese some say.

I was certified in August of 2001 and love it. Loved it so much I went for my AOW in South Florida this past February. In July I completed a rescue course up here in Wisconsin in a very low Viz lake.. Now that was interesting.. whew a definite workout but well worth it! I

I have 2 children that keep me rather busy these days with school activities and sports. I'm hoping one day they will get the urge to explore the UW world.

I enjoy walking, hiking, camping, fishing, swimming, SCUBA and just about anything else outdoors, and meeting new people and making new friends.

That's about it :)

Hello. I'm 44 years old and been certified for 10 years. Most of the diving I do is in the Niagara River--drift diving and the St. Lawrence River--I love the wreck diving. My dive buddies are most often my husband, Greenedive, and 2 grown children. Both of our children are engaged and their future spouses both got certified last year and are now also my frequent dive buddies. I really enjoy diving as a family. Even our collie goes on our boat with us and greets us when we surface!

I'm 29 and single. I have two dogs (Shelties) and I work for a Help Desk at a company called First Command Financial Planning.

I certified in OW waaay back in '92 by taking Scuba for college credit or so but I haven't done a lot of diving due to money. (Go figure! :D ) I am trying to dive more now.

I just certified in AOW in August. (Wow, I just realized I still haven't received my card! I'll have to check on that...)

I also like to go to Renaissance faires.

astrl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom