NOT the way to buy equipment!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatD1ver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
T1jhaXFllcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg_.webp

This is a package deal on ÌÔ±¦º£ÍâÈ«ÇòÕ¾Ê×Ò³ (Chinese version of ebay)... for the package deal of 8 items (yes, including 1st and 2d stage and a wetsuit)... price is 1933 RMB or $300 USD, but I've been here for 15 years, and I've seen almost every knock off. The tank, I think will pass muster, but note that there is no BCD in this package, and the quality of the mask and regulator are spooky.

T1jhaXFllcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg_.webp

This is a package deal on ÌÔ±¦º£ÍâÈ«ÇòÕ¾Ê×Ò³ (Chinese version of ebay)... for the package deal of 8 items (yes, including 1st and 2d stage and a wetsuit)... price is 1933 RMB or $300 USD, but I've been here for 15 years, and I've seen almost every knock off. The tank, I think will pass muster, but note that there is no BCD in this package, and the quality of the mask and regulator are spooky.

It's probably not much worse quality than cheap stuff you can find here, and if you're diving in warm water with a small tank you can actually do quite nicely without a BC.

I think I could happily dive in that, but I'm also happy jumping overboard with just a tank and a reg. As a "starter set" I think someone would be looking for trouble.

Is it worth the money you may save to risk your life? There is a possibility that local dive shops will not be willing to fill the tank- others can fill you in on that because I am not sure.

You did notice he said, China right? The tank, if it's inspected per regulations (which are different country to country) will have no problem being filled, if it's certified and inspected properly. As for the rest, cheap gear doesn't mean dangerous. Anyone saying it does is misinformed, or to be my more typically cynical self, selling something.

Is it worth the money you may save to risk your life? There is a possibility that local dive shops will not be willing to fill the tank- others can fill you in on that because I am not sure.

consider where it is ---- i doubt shops in the US might fill but in China? not a clue.

I just thought I'd throw it out there... I did purchase a couple items off the site. I will say this, this kit is much better than the crap I first dived with here in China.. that day it was a mask, a tank with no octo, and a weight belt.... my wife and 4 kids were with me... we went down about 6 meters off the floating dock in Dadong Bay in Sanya, scooted across the bottom in 2-3 meter vis, and about 1/2 a mile later, the guy stopped, pointed at his weight belt, dropped it on a pile at the base of a dive buoy, and then motioned for us all to do the same... we all popped up like corks...

Can't read Chinese. Wouldn't buy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom