NOVA on Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At 12 mins into the video there is a shot of one of the team members on CCR and the visual indicator on the rig is blinking red. I'm sure there are differences amongst rigs, but I was given to understand that on some rigs, at least, a blinking red visual means trouble in the circuit. Wonder what was happening there...

it's an indicator of the ppo2 in the loop
red or green indicating higher or lower than 1.0 I think. and the number of beeps indicating how much
or something like that...

At 12 mins into the video there is a shot of one of the team members on CCR and the visual indicator on the rig is blinking red. I'm sure there are differences amongst rigs, but I was given to understand that on some rigs, at least, a blinking red visual means trouble in the circuit. Wonder what was happening there...

If I remember correctly, Megs blink amber at 1.0, they do a green blink for every 0.1 above 1.0 and do a red blink for every 0.1 below 1.0

Its just reading an 0.7 or so, which is normal.

I watched the video. Loved it. Agree I would have liked it to be all about diving and science underwater.

this is why I don't cave dive or own a rebreather.... because I need more experience and more money. That is all and I am diving the most I can now in hope to eventually have enough money. plain and simple.

this footage has only teased my interest in cave diving and deep exploration. love it

it's an indicator of the ppo2 in the loop
red or green indicating higher or lower than 1.0 I think. and the number of beeps indicating how much
or something like that...

i read on thedecostop that the rebreathers they are using had three colors red green and orange and would blink if higher or lower.

I don't know but it sounded like it was okay that the color was red for a sec

Red blinks are not per se bad. Just an indicator of where the PO2 is below 1.0

After the video just type in diving on the search bar on that site and there are like 4 other scuba diving videos. Each about 53 minutes long. Just in case anyone is interested.

wes skiles? google him.

Yeah, that's him.

Okay, I'll cut him some slack if it was edited for TV drama. But the melodramatic stuff I saw wasn't edited. Prostitution is the oldest profession, and it comes in many forms.... I guess we all trudge to work everyday and "work" for the $$$$$........

Prostitution is work, but not all work is prostitution.......

Yeah, that's him.

Okay, I'll cut him some slack if it was edited for TV drama. But the melodramatic stuff I saw wasn't edited. Prostitution is the oldest profession, and it comes in many forms.... I guess we all trudge to work everyday and "work" for the $$$$$........

I doubt that if you had a TV crew following you around that absolutely everything you said would stand up to scrutiny. If the editor cherry picked all the stupid things you said in a day, you'd probably look pretty bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom