November, the rainiest month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arriving Saturday. Looks like things may get drier by then. Here's hoping. Bought bug spray yesterday, too. 10% deet. Label pecifically mentions no-seeums. We'll see, especially with all this rain they may be prolific.

Reactions: Doc
Sunday 11/12 sunset

A little drizzle today

IMG_8980.png
IMG_8979.jpeg
IMG_8978.jpeg

IMG_8984.jpeg

At what point do they call the dives? I am hoping not just for a rain storm.

Three more weeks for me...

At what point do they call the dives? I am hoping not just for a rain storm.

Three more weeks for me...
Coco View call a dive? Rarely. In my 50+ weeks over 38 years, maybe no boat diving 3 days in my experience.

This excludes real deal
IMG_9121.jpeg
IMG_9120.jpeg
tropical storms when EVERYBODY drinks.

There are two nearby dive sites CCV can reach by motoring inshore of reef break, moor in flat water while divers slip out through a slot in the wall.

11/13 Monday
Mostly no rain and flat today, drizzle atound 1600 hrs, shore divers coming in at CCV from afternoon dive, Rostan Divers getting ready for the weekly night dive, CCV does that at 2000hrs or so..,,

IMG_9118.jpeg
IMG_9112.png

11/14 Tuesday, widespread light rain throughout last night, today dawned broken 80% cloud cover but no precipitation. It did rain at different points on island throughout the day, diving continues but Pod People (Cruise Shippers) stayed near their big floating hotel.

Dive on…

IMG_9262.jpeg
IMG_5995.jpeg
IMG_5996.jpeg
IMG_5997.jpeg

11/15 Wednesday started drizzly, but soon cleared!

IMG_9314.jpeg
IMG_9313.jpeg
IMG_9312.jpeg

Previously at o8oo:
IMG_9301.jpeg

11/16 no rain until 1400 hrs,
but then…

IMG_9328.jpeg
IMG_9326.jpeg
IMG_9329.jpeg

Diving continues!

Two more weeks. Time to start packing, unpacking, packing again, putting everything on a charger, unpacking, taking inventory, and packing.

I love scuba. ❤️

Friday 17 November- Looks clear!

Note the most unusual weather pattern. This rain will “lift” from the Equator and move slowly NNE in a clockwise path towards Cayman and beyond.

IMG_9343.jpeg

This morning at 0730, winds are causing surf conditions to the West, look to the upper right in this image:

IMG_9341.png

And West End, not easy…

IMG_9340.png

South from Coco View

IMG_9339.jpeg

BUT IT’S NOT RAINING ! (yet)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom