Now THAT'S bouyancy control!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd once bubbled...
your protege is asking for you. May the force be with you:)
He was talking to you, dude! You are the instructor here, I am merely a student..

that kind of bouyancy control is not really that hard to learn.

Requirements are:

1.) Proper weighting

2.) Proper trim

3.) Consistent, relaxed respiratory pattern

4.) Focus on the task at hand

if its not even TAUGHT!

And sadly, its often not.

also. Learn something from every student I teach and from every dive I make.

He's in your neck of the world and is looking for a O-ring(read that as mentor):)

Genesis---I guess I don't consider it that hard since I drill my students pretty hard on bouyancy control. They do need more practice when the course is over but they are solid in the basic application of bouyancy control.

Genesis---I guess I don't consider it that hard since I drill my students pretty hard on bouyancy control. They do need more practice when the course is over but they are solid in the basic application of bouyancy control.

Many instructors don't even introduce kicks other than the straight-knee/leg flutter!

When I do my AOW/Nitrox dives in 2 weeks, I think I am going to ask that one of optional dives be peak bouyancy control....

I was thinking how hokey it was until I saw that video....

It's really not that tough to learn, you just have to practice. Step #1 is to get your balance right; to where you can stop moving and not roll or flip. Once you get that down, it's cake.... just pick some floaties to watch and make sure they aren't going up or down ['cause that's you going up or down].

Damn Eric.. if they are impressed by that video, I'm going to have to rip in that segment of you coming out of the hold on CD's video...

Spectre once bubbled...
It's really not that tough to learn, you just have to practice. Step #1 is to get your balance right; to where you can stop moving and not roll or flip. Once you get that down, it's cake....
Since I travel alone to places like Cozumel and the Keys, I often end up diving with divers that have less than 20 dives experience. The difference in their diving over just 1 or 2 dives is amazing, once they start actively trying to get better control of their buoyancy. The subject usually comes up when they wonder how I can still have more than 1/2 tank left at the end of the dive.

Amazingly, for many divers the first, and for some, the most difficult step is to STOP MOVING.

Only once you have overcome the urge to move or wiggle something do you get to see what your buoyancy and trim really are. From that point on, I've seen amazingly fast improvement in many different divers.

Damn Eric.. if they are impressed by that video, I'm going to have to rip in that segment of you coming out of the hold on CD's video...
You can if you want...I don't think it was anything worth writing home about though..

I´m getting so curious!!! I couldn´t see the movie on the link :( ;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom