Now what did I do with my mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how was the surf??

I think shore dives are riskier than solo dives with a "buddy" boat captain who can fetch you when the currents change.

kudos to ya, got your workout.

I had a mask strap break and I stuck the mask to my face and sucked in and it stuck the whole dive.

SexSea!:
My first time shore diving Oahu's north shore my dive buddy pooped out on the way back in. Had to tired diver tow her and manged to lose BOTH of our mask and snorkel setups in the water. :(
Don't suppose either or both of you were wearing them on your foreheads, eh?

:D

-kb

ch0ppersrule:
okay here is my embarrassing moment: i have a purge valve on my mask and took it apart to clean the purge-- yes, i grabbed my mask off the table and threw it in the bucket to go diving. Got my gear on, headed out down to Firehouse (shore dive--already had defog on the lenses), got in the water then kicked out. Time to decend----hhhhhmmmmm my mask is full of water and i can't keep the water out. Hey idiot- you forgot to put the valve back in. Made for a great dive. I made it down 6 ft and the dive was over. Needless to say I haven't forgot to check the mask thoroughly before I head out the driveway.

LOL - now that's funny ... sounds like something I'd do :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom