NSS-CDS Webinar Thursday Nov 14, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
“National Speleological Society – Cave Diving Section Cave Diver Training:

A Brief Overview,”

by Jim Wyatt (NSS # 56713)

Join us for a Webinar on November 14, 2013
9:00 – 10:30 p.m. EST.

Space is limited, so reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/271455071

Connect with Jim Wyatt, Training Director for the National Speleological Society – Cave Diving Section (NSS-CDS), for a concise overview of what cavern and cave diver training entails.

• What first steps should one take in order to become a competent cave diver?
  • What is the required equipment, and what indispensable skills are taught in this training?
  • What are the psychological implications of training and practicing in this field?
  • How do divers promote cave conservation, and what role do landowner relations play in carrying out these explorations successfully?
  • How are task loading and muscle memory involved?

All of these questions and more will be addressed in this comprehensive Webinar regarding the essential nature of comprehensive training in cavern and cave diving.

Jim has been a cave diving instructor since 1975, and he is formerly a U.S. Navy Ship Salvage Diving Officer. He is a former member of the National Association for Cave Diving (NACD), and currently serves on the Board of Advisors for the International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers (IANTD) and instructs both closed and open circuit cave diver classes. Not only is Jim the Training Director, but he is also a Full Cave Instructor for the NSS-CDS. He is an instructor for the NACD, and a Technical Cave and Driver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV) Instructor Trainer for the IANTD. He is a Cave DPV Instructor for the NSS-CDS, IANTD, and Technical Diving International (TDI) - the list goes on and on!

TITLE: “National Speleological Society – Cave Diving Section Cave Diver Training: A Brief Overview,” by Jim Wyatt

DATE: Thursday, November 14, 2013

TIME: 9:00 PM - 10:30 p.m. EST
(Please check for the start time that applies to your zone.)

After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing instructions on how to join.

See you there!

Sounds like a GREAT webinar Capt! I hope peeps who are not certified take the time to listen to this!

Sounds like a GREAT webinar Capt! I hope peeps who are not certified take the time to listen to this!
Me too Pete.

I'll be there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you Capt for taking the time and putting together the Webinar - it was very informative and look forward to the next one

Bill

They have asked me to do another one in January 2014. Not sure what the topic will be....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom