Nubble Light dive buddy wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This time of year, I wear a 7mm full suit (with hood and gloves of course) and I'm okay. If I do two long (60 minute+) or deep dives, I can get cold. I'll switch back to the drysuit in October, or when the air temp makes the changing-in-parking-lot dance uncomfortable.

Last time I was there was two weeks ago and we saw a minimum temp. of 55 degrees at 49'.

This is a great site - I've got over 150 dives there.

Great, thanks. I'll be there next week and looking to go between the 15th and 18th. My 5 mil might work, but I'll bring my shorty too just in case. It will look weird having both on, but at least I'll be warm!

Anyone looking to dive between those dates? Text me at 7578802797...Thanks! Joe

---------- Post added September 8th, 2014 at 04:22 PM ----------

This post caught my eye because I was there (though not for diving), but saw a rescue if a diver in a drysuit stranded on the rocks of the light.

Not sure if anyone was aware of that incident. Anyway, looked like a nice place to dive.

Recently?

DavidInHN, can you tell me what the currents are like there?

Recently?

DavidInHN, can you tell me what the currents are like there?

Generally, we dive when the wind is not coming from a Northerly direction and have little or no current. Newbies (to Nubble) would likely stay in the cove anyway. We sometimes go around the point which is more exposed.

Back
Top Bottom