Nudibranchs in Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shame you didn't see tambja morosa in Komodo
I did see a tambja morosa in Komodo - just one at Cannibal Rock. That is the photo that I posted but the conditions were difficult and it did not come out well. I had mistakenly thought that it was a chelidonura varians (would like to see that as well) because of the black-with-blue-bands colour scheme but after checking found that the latter does not have the prominent gills on its back that the TM has. I posted the picture in the 'name that critter' section here and someone kindly identified it for me.

Here is the picture. I am sorry about the poor quality but there was a lot of current and one of my buddies was just below me at the tile I had a glimpse of this and her expired bubbles were getting in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_2279a.jpg
    IMG_2279a.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 122
There are PLENTY of Nembrotha cristata (they are about everywhere, solo, mating...) and tambja morosa in Raja Ampat. I don't think you'll even need to ask your guides to find one for you. But I'm thinkin' Cici (MSY Seahorse) is a great nudibranch spotter.

I've seen quite a few Tambja morosa in Alor, although is not one of the most common I think there is a good chance.. I have to say though that I've found more varieties o nudies in march/april/may

There are PLENTY of Nembrotha cristata (they are about everywhere, solo, mating...) and tambja morosa in Raja Ampat. I don't think you'll even need to ask your guides to find one for you. But I'm thinkin' Cici (MSY Seahorse) is a great nudibranch spotter.

Thanks for that. I am going on the Seahorse and will seek out Cici to help me with the nudis. I hope to see a lot of them but especially Nembrotha Cristata & Tambja Morosa.

I did not manage to get any decent shots of Tambja morosa at Lembeh, wrong background to photograph them (but easy to spot)

Plenty of Nembrotha cristata though at many locations

Back
Top Bottom