NW wind Saturday are they diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDH

Reaction score
According to the weather models they have a NW wind today and most of the week N to NE winds. Are they able to still dive or does the port Master close diving down?

According to the weather models they have a NW wind today and most of the week N to NE winds. Are they able to still dive or does the port Master close diving down?

It all depends...how strong and exactly which direction the wind is blowing. We never truly know until about 7:00 to 7:30 am each morning.

Thank you Christi and MMM. We are coming on our first cruise this week. And for me this whole trip is based on what happens Thur. for two dives.

Well this is the time of year for wind and rough seas,But the boats will still go out.Vis will be ok. Take your sea sick pills.I take one at bed time and one when i get up the morning of the Dive.

I'm arriving in Coz Friday morning. The Weather Channel forecast isn't showing much wind or rain in the 10 day, but what is the feeling for the regulars?
Anyone care to play forecaster?

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to schedule some diving for late next week and early the following. I'm sure it'll be all new weather by then, but I'm just curious... what is "bad" vis and conditions in Coz?

That is, everything's relative. My last dives were in Galapagos a couple of months ago and vis was a bit murky 40' w/swells that tossed you around like you're a toy. And I've dived wet off coast of NJ w/10' vis in 50 deg. water. Sooo... I guess when I hear "churned up" or "bad" I feel compelled to ask what that is.

I guess the question is... "When people say 'bad' or 'churned up' in Cozumel, is that still "spectacular" by a northeast US diver's standards?"

Thanks,
Scott

Back
Top Bottom