O2 + CO analyzer choices.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Google said it was how you start a motorcycle

Jim.....

I didn't see a link. Is the kickstarter up yet? DO WANT!

.....I am interested in O2 sensor type and cal gas requirements ......
Like our Nitroxbuddy device, COOtwo is designed to operate with any Oxygen sensor that provides an output signal in the 7-15 mV range. More specifically, the COOtwo housing is designed to accept any of the following Oxygen sensors: Analytical Industries Inc. PSR-11-39-MD, DiveNav Nitroxbuddy O2 sensor, Maxtec MAX-305 and MAX-305F, Teledyne R-22S.
Regarding calibration gasses for the CO sensor COOtwo will be able to accept any gas up to 100ppm CO.

.....I will support it when I see it on kickstarter.
Very good. Tell your friends about this :wink:

---------- Post added June 5th, 2015 at 07:39 AM ----------

What is kick starter ?.....
HERE you go

---------- Post added June 5th, 2015 at 07:40 AM ----------

...... Is the kickstarter up yet? .......
Not yet. Most likely next week

Regarding calibration gasses for the CO sensor COOtwo will be able to accept any gas up to 100ppm CO.

Does that include 0 ppm CO for calibration? I live in the boonies and 0 ppm CO is pretty accurate for me

Would I be able to use my tank of "Stargon" to check it ? Stargon is argon/ co2 welding gas..

Jim

Analox have stopped making the EII CO Carbon Monoxide Analyser.

Anyone know of a good option?

They did???? Does anyone know why???? :idk:

Would I be able to use my tank of "Stargon" to check it ? Stargon is argon/ co2 welding gas..

Jim

The sensor is testing for CO not CO2 so it isnt the gas your are looking to calibrate with.

Sorry, Brain fart...

Jim...

The name had me thinking CO2 for a second also maybe it needs a hyphen or something

Does that include 0 ppm CO for calibration? I live in the boonies and 0 ppm CO is pretty accurate for me
There are 2 types of drift in an ElectroChemical sensor: zero reference (aka baseline) and span.
Your 0 ppm CO will be perfect to calibrate the baseline, but you will need something more than 0 to calibrate the span.

---------- Post added June 5th, 2015 at 06:04 PM ----------

The name had me thinking CO2 for a second also maybe it needs a hyphen or something
Coming out with a good name is not easy :(
We tried: "Carbon Monoxide & Oxygen Analyzer" ..... but was too long :D
We tried: "OxyCO" ... but is too similar to another product
We tried: "COOxy" .... but it could be misunderstood for something else ....
We tried some anagrams using the word Analyzer (part of it) ... but they were rejected right away :shakehead:

How would you pronounce "CO-Otwo"?

We would like to pronounce COOtwo as an abbreviation of "Cool too" ... (without the "L") :wink:

Anyway ... we have still few days before we launch the project on Kickstarter. We are open to suggestions.
If anyone comes out with a very good name for the product (and we end up using it) s/he brings home the DELUXE version.
Fire away.

Back
Top Bottom