Oasis Palm Beach resort, Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikinichick

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be staying at Oasis Palm Beach this December. I hear from the tour operator that there's a dive shop at the resort but I haven't been able to get the name of the dive operator so that I can look them up. Has anyone stayed at Oasis Palm Beach? I'd appreciate your thoughts on the dive shop there, and their name.

Also I'd welcome any recommendations on Cancun generally, which operators were good or bad, and why.

Thanks in advance,
Katy

Hi Katy,

First of all, I know many people that have stayed at the Oasis Palm and loved it! Since you're not going until December, it gives you plenty of time for investigation.

I recommend Ben from Mayan Aqua Dive. He is in the process of transitioning his website to a new provider. You can contact him directly at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk. Ben is a Brit and has a great operation. Check for the trip reports from two guys that are down there now.

I'm scheduled with him the end of August. If you can swing it, do the whale shark tour to Isla Contoy. It's a great trip! He can provide r/t pickup from your hotel, since he's at the other end of the hotel zone.

Any other questions, PM me...

It'll be awesome!

Jack

hey katey,
oasis palm beach has a dive operator from the beach, his name is charlie martinez but not trying to take anything away from him but hes a shady charcter, he lost his semarnap (national park) permits several times and teh hotel kicked him out of teh resort onto the beach! the hotel travel agencies inside will send you to scuba cancun or aqua world, if you want something a little more low key and personal we are next door to the oasis palm beach in club international of the royal resorts.
we ve changed our domain and hosting for the page, monday it ll be up so you can check out our services etc..
let me know for anything else, great diving in december!

ben

Thanks to all of you for replying.

Ben, I had a good look at your website. I thought your price of $64 per two tank dive ($70 less discount for bringing my own reg and BCD) was decent and you are close to my resort. I definitely want to do wreck diving. My non-diving travelling companion wants to snorkel with me on one of the shallow afternoon trips. I may be interested in a cavern and/or one day in Cozumel.

I'll be arriving in Cancun on December 23 and leaving December 30 (and I CAN dive on the 29th - my flight on the 30th departs in the evening). I should ask, what kind of closure do you do over Christmas? I of course do not expect to dive on Christmas day, that would be unreasonable. But I would like to dive all the other days. Do you expect to be open most of that week or do you close most of the week for the holidays?

Katy

ohhh, tough question, i guess that depends on the caiprinas the night before, i guess the 25th will be our day off, me, i ll be diving anyway but im hinking of the crew and their family!
the wreck is a cracker, especially dec, eagle ray season, cenotes are amazing too! we do have packages if you diving all week and be sure to tell your friend she ll get her first dive in, a crusiy 30ft reef!
see you in december!!

Cool, With all these people saying you're great, Ben, I guess I'll go with you!
I'm completely OK with not diving on the 25th. I wouldn't want to do it because I would feel bad for the crew (as you said). But I'm glad you'll be open most of the week. Looking forward to it.
By the way my friend will not be diving, she refuses to dive, but she will snorkel with me when I go on the shallower reefs.
Will be in touch with you in December!
Cheers, Katy

I dove with Ben & Mayan Aqua Dive last week (July 16-17, and 20, 2007) and had a great time. Not only did Ben and his staff provide fantastic personalized service, with no more than 5 divers on each morning 2 tank dive, but we dove some fine reefs and the C-58 wreck. No crowds, comfortable ride to the sites, plenty of life, warm water and about 100 feet viz. Ben provided complimentary R/T transport to/from my hotel, even on his day off. Ben & his divemaster Ulyses (sp?), were friendly, fun and very capable divers. Simply put, they are consumate professionals.

Should your travels take you to Cancun, I heartily recommend Ben, Ulyses & Mayan Aqua Dive. When we return, I will absolutely dive with Ben & Mayan Aqua Dive again!

Once I get the pictures sorted out, I'll post a trip report.

Thanks again Ben! Give my regards to everyone at M.A.D.

I also wanted to thank spratman for his recommendation and insights contained in his detailed pms over at SBtoo, when I was researching a dive op before the trip. Thanks again Jack!

jpep

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom