Oceanic 180 Swivel Octo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just curious if anyone else on the board has one, and what there thoughts are on them?

The wife and I both have them, and tonight mine started to free flow. I was lucky in that my LDS had another one, and swapped it out. This was only the second time the octo had been used.

I used one for about 100 dives and never had a problem with it. I found it to be a pretty reasonable breathing reg as well for a back up.

My wife has one of these on her set. Never had any problems at all. In fact every time I try it I amazed at how well it breaths.

I own three of them. Bought all three used. They have always worked fine and I like how convenient they are, both the flat low profile and the swivel makes them handy.

They are just a simple downstream demand valve. Not much to them. They seem to breathe amazingly well, but I run a relatively high IP (145 to 155 psi) on all three regulators that they are attached to.

I use them as an octopus on a couple of my semi-vintage double hose regulators. It is a nice octopus, in that it is very non-intrusive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom