oceanic computer display error: fixable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calwolf:
I just put new batteries in an Oceanic Dataplus 2 computer that had been sitting for a couple years, and it's not working right. It powers up, goes through its countdown mode, and then the display is all screwed up. It's lit up mostly in the right places, but certain segments that are supposed to be on are off, and extra ones are on, making the thing pretty impossible to read. I can still cycle through the menus though. I'm guessing it's time to get a new computer (and Larry at scubatoys told me the same thing), but I'd love to hear of a quick, cheap, and easy way to fix it or have it fixed... if it's possible, so I don't have to buy another. I don't have an authorized Oceanic dealer nearby, and it's not under warranty anyway. I have emailed the company and am waiting for a response, but I don't expect them to be very helpful.

Ideas?

Thanks.

I read somewhere (maybe here on the board) about how cleaning the contacts helped solve some problems. Perhaps some q-tips with rubbing alcohol or electrical contact clearner from Radio Shack may help? Worth a try!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom