Oceanic Data Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I found a good (? $160US ) price for this unit, but :
1. I'm leaving on Wednsday night
2. I have been doing research not on this particullar device

These are the reasons why I'm asking the same old question again.

Folks i need you advice if iit is a good, relaible comp. or I better of on Versa ( air one ).

So far i can't find any recalls on this model.

Please advise.

I'm completely satisfied with my Data Plus. Looks like a good buy.

awap once bubbled...
I'm completely satisfied with my Data Plus. Looks like a good buy.

Plus $24 for boot...

I've had one fail the first day of a dive trip to Roatan, another brand fail the second day of a Cozumel trip, and I can afford it, so I like the backup.

Does your's come new, with a warranty? If not, that greatly recudes the value to me.

I like my Data Plus 2, but I like my Versa Pro a lot more. Easier to read, audible alarms, etc.

I would never suggest an Air model, though; get Nitrox compatibile, as you'll be glad you did before too long.

don

dandydon once bubbled...
I've had one fail the first day of a dive trip to Roatan, another brand fail the second day of a Cozumel trip, and I can afford it, so I like the backup.

Does your's come new, with a warranty? If not, that greatly recudes the value to me.

I like my Data Plus 2, but I like my Versa Pro a lot more. Easier to read, audible alarms, etc.

I would never suggest an Air model, though; get Nitrox compatibile, as you'll be glad you did before too long.

don

It is coming with 1 year limited warranty.
I have Versa and my wife/buddy - Vyper.....

I've had mine for 3 years. I love it. Only had a problem when I did not notice that the battery was going. It never stopped during the dive though. I just could not download the dives from that day.

I thought they were out of production. I know my shop can not get them any more.

kingprawn once bubbled...
I thought they were out of production.

according to Oceanic - they are not producing it anymore. They replaced it with VT PRO ( I'm not sure here ).

Again, according to Oceanic, they haven't had any problems/recalls with this model.

Finding boot in Manhattan was a little bit tricky - had to call about 20 shops ( including about 5 in NJ ) and only one has it in stock.
All right, seems like, might be a good buy. If till tomorrow i don't hear anything bad about this instrument, i'm going to get it.

Thank you folks.
Andrew

with 100 days warranty %|. for $170 US.

Well, if it fails it fails during next couple of days. Will see.

Thank you folks.

It really important that you understand its workings, settings, etc. And don't turn it on while flying. I did that once, and when we landed - it thought I'd done a shallow dive, and tracked it for hours.

If you didn't ge the manual, download one here: http://www.oceanicww.com/s-owners_guides.cfm

I always carry a spare battery, and change to a new one every year.

And, if it fails after no warranty, Oceanic will give you trade offer, although they're really pretty nice about out of warranty needs.

have fun! don

Yes. I DL it from oceanic and spent couple of hours $) making it look like regular oceanic manuals - small pages .

I’m putting it into small box to prevent it from been activated and during the "gentle work" of security personal, dock workers and myself :) .

I also got the protection screen for it - just in case.

Thank you for advise Dandydon .

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom