Oceanic Datamaster Sport battery replacement...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Andrew

You are talking about a different computer. The Datamax is a different model entirely from the Datamaster Sport/S, so cant help you with that.

Does anyone know if Oceanic can (or rather, WILL) reload the program in the Datamaster Sport/S if the battery has gone completely dead and the computer has forgotten everything as I understand can happen with a completely dead battery?

Tim

The same thing just ahppened to me. I replaced this type of battery in my older-style datamax sport:
http://www.master-instruments.com.a.../TL_2150_S.html
Now, when I turn it on, it goes through the self-diagnostic but then the entire display flashes and turns off after a few seconds.

Has anyone encountered and/or solved this problem?

Michael

timterry:
Hi Andrew

You are talking about a different computer. The Datamax is a different model entirely from the Datamaster Sport/S, so cant help you with that.

Does anyone know if Oceanic can (or rather, WILL) reload the program in the Datamaster Sport/S if the battery has gone completely dead and the computer has forgotten everything as I understand can happen with a completely dead battery?

Tim

I have changed the batteries on my datamaster sport succesfully one time, it took 2 batteries CR14250 3volt and was done by carefully removing the unit from it's console(old rubber can be fragile) and picking the sealing lacquer off of the four corner screw then use a very small phillips head screwdriver to back out the screws. Be carefull to avoid any damage to the round piece on the end, this is the depth sensor and is easily damage out of the console. after removing the eight screws, carefully lift off the back cover. The o-ring will be stuck to either the cover or the body, remove this without excessive stretching (no replacements) this will need to be cleaned and relubricated as you would any o-ring. If the unit has been dead a while, remove and replace both batteries, if there is still life in the batteries, replace them one at a time. replace o-ring and cover plate and install the screws working from the center out. I do not know if these batteries are still available but I saw on an earlier post where someone had found suitable replacements. good luck

thanks for the help.. that thing is still sitting in my garage :)
Mine actually has only one battery... and is still refusing to cooperate. Will find its way to the trash soon!

Did you ever get a response to changing batteries on a Oceanic DataMax Sport, old style with a battery cover with 3 holes in it ? I have one, used it for 10 years circa 500 dives, still not showing low battery, though wonder how long this will last. Looking to buy Sunnto as a replacement as Oceanic a tad too generous compared to eveybody else I dive with now.

Nik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom