Oceanic GT3 with which 2nd stage: SP5 or CDX5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I eventually took my cavern class my instructor complimented me on running it low profile and having hoses tucked properly. Doubt he would have let me use a Titan first stage or any other that routes like the SP-5.
better
Sounds like a cave to me?

I think there is a small ledge the filter sits on, you might be able to just not install the plunger and spring from the DVT. You would just need to make sure the filter is not loose.

But there really is no reason to remove it. It really does help keep crap out of the first stage. The DIN does not have DVT, so that is a sure fire way to not have it.

Sounds like a cave to me?

But there really is no reason to remove it.

The reason to remove the DVT is so it will quit making the annoying whistle!

Slowly say out loud; C A V E R N

Now slowly say out loud; C A V E

Where I learned to speak the first does not sound like the second.

regardless, i won't likely be in caves or caverns. by "advanced" i meant "AOW" (should have been more specific, sorry).

sounds like what i'm hearing is that while i shouldn't have any problems diving with the SP5, the CDX5 is enough of a better overall regulator that, if i can afford the extra $100, i'll probably be happier in the long run. but if not, it won't necessarily be something i regret.

regardless, i won't likely be in caves or caverns. by "advanced" i meant "AOW" (should have been more specific, sorry).

sounds like what i'm hearing is that while i shouldn't have any problems diving with the SP5, the CDX5 is enough of a better overall regulator that, if i can afford the extra $100, i'll probably be happier in the long run. but if not, it won't necessarily be something i regret.

Mostly agree, except the last part. I don't know if you will regret not getting it or not. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom