oceanic versa pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm very happy with my Versa Pro...also have an early model Suunto...prefer the Versa Pro well over the other. Pro has 2 button operation...Suunto has 3 buttons...I can't figure the Suunto out most of the time...battery is also a B@#$%h to replace

Joe

Dandy Don You're right, failures happen. Two in a row just makes me a little nervous about the product. I'm waiting to see what Oceanic says about this one. I also have an old Sunnto Companion that I've been using for almost a decade. It's never failed me. Haven't even had to have the batteries changed yet. Ahh, Cozumel.. headed back there myself this spring.

I will say that when the Versa is working I like it, and I know other people who own the same computer and haven't had any problems. I'm just a walking (finning?) statistical anomaly.

hey guys
i bought 2 versa pro's a few months back{one for me and my good lady}
we got the wrist versions and so far i must say im very pleased with the performance and ease of use
also the setup is a doddle and downloading to my pc couldnt be easier
for my money this has been one of the best dive computers i have used
but of course that is just my personal opinion
we got them for £200 gbp
i can supply the web details if anyones interested

I've had my Versa Pro about 2 years and I haven't had any problems with it and I love it. I even found the battery easy to replace.......

Versa Pro is on my console...and Suunto stays in the bag or pocket as a backup...Suunto throws me fits when I try to program for Nitrox

Maybe I got a little carried away, but I bought another. That gives me

(1) Oceanic Data Plus 2 on my console;

(2) Oceanic Versa Pro on my wrist - so if I ever have another failure, I won't be blind; and

(3) Another Oceanic Versa Pro I can hang on my boat-pick buddy, so I can watch out for him, too!! Gawd knows I get the ones no one else wants... :jestera:

don

I have the Versa Pro and sometimes wonder if I made the right choice. I like that it's not as conservative as the older Suunto but I hear the new Vyper's are RGBM now. Another thing the Vyper's do that I haven't figured out how to make the VP do (and don't think it does) is run the profile on the computer. You have to download the Oceanic with the, albeit cheaper now, cable to the pc to see your whole dive profile.

I love the ease of use, big display, two buttons, etc. I don't find the NDL limits to be out of line with the Vyper (compared to buddies), nor is the deco penalty that huge in comparison. It credits me for deep stops on the way up as well, if I blow my NDL and accrue a 2 minute <10 obligation I usually clear it before 40fsw on the way up. YMMV

Chris

Have to agree with everyone esle that likes the Versa Pro.

Can anyone tell me what the cost of the pc download software is??? Can I make my own cable ???? ETC.........

PM or Email me,would apreciate the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom