Oceanlog 2.1 error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug, I fully understand how people get busy...just the reply at least sends a confirmation that someone read the message. By the way, I am a very happy Oceanic customer...

Here is the link to my initial post:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=171792

It is a bug, not a feature request. Does the technical staff you listed above automatically get the post's info that we provide here?

What I can do is take a screenshot and send it to them, that should not be a problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I am having an issue also. Several times when downloading my dive info from my Atom 2.0, once the download is complete and I look at the dive log info.. the only thing that has downloaded is the date and dive start time. Any suggestions on this??

Oceanlog is definitely NOT, at least at this point, a very robust computer program. Hopefully it will improve with normal upgrades, which is normal. But ususally it is a little more robust at the first version.

I have a VEO 180 and I am having ongoing issues. I reinstalled the full 2.1.2 version, but that gives me a run time error (forget the number). Then I install the patch which fixes that, but I always end up with GEAR problems. At first I can create new GEAR bags, but then at some point which I have not grasped yet, it starts failing and keeps crashing the program.

Still waiting for 2.1.3.....

I'm getting a similar error, "Runtime" I thought it was my cable unclipping itself from my proplus2 but now I can't get to that second screen. AYEEEEE! I'm gonna call those guys above.

bassfisher, I just did some testing. First, make sure that if you install the full 2.1.2 version, do not install the patch after that.

Another thing I found was that if you delete anything that's built into the program, it will probably crash. For example, in the GEAR screen, if you delete any item like a regulator, suit, gloves....anything, then the program will crash whenever you choose a GEAR bag that you created.

I do understand that they are coming out with a new version soon, so that might be a help.

NJMike:
bassfisher, I just did some testing. First, make sure that if you install the full 2.1.2 version, do not install the patch after that.

Another thing I found was that if you delete anything that's built into the program, it will probably crash. For example, in the GEAR screen, if you delete any item like a regulator, suit, gloves....anything, then the program will crash whenever you choose a GEAR bag that you created.

I do understand that they are coming out with a new version soon, so that might be a help.

As explained earlier if you have Vers 2.1.2. on your original CD the patch also works.

On the service from Oceanic I sent an email to Doug Krause and he has emailed back promptly.

Oceanlog I actually only use for downloading and then import into Divelog which is much further developed.

Hey, sorry I don't get on much I'm usually out in the evenings and up to my uncle's on the weekends. Yeah, I called their tech support and talked to a Rick, he helped me and knew exactly what was going on before I could finish a sentance. WOW! I was impressed, he said to be patient with the Pro Plus 2 because it was one of the begining USB connections, "back in the day" I have to hold it when I download and now it does fine. I didn't have any problems downloading though. Thanks a bunch Rick and Oceanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom