OCi - Oceanlog problems communicating and data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charles2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I think that my problems started last year when I converted to Windows 10. Prior to that, there were no problems with communications etc. I even updated the Oceanlog software when installing Windows 10 and that seemed to fix the problems for a while. But now, problems are back:

1. Downloads of dives are iffy - I seem to have to try 6 or 8 times before I get a successful download. Most common message is - 'Downloading Dive Data...FAILED'
2. When finally downloaded, the pressure information shows on the dive details as well as the dive summary, but when the dive is saved, all the pressure information disappears and seems to be gone forever.
3. In 'dive computer' selection, I cannot read the dive computer 'Invalid Product - Process Terminated'. And of course, when trying to upload settings to the computer I get a message that tells me I must download before I can upload.

Surely I am not the only one with this problem. It worked great for a while.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I have it working on a couple of my Windows 10 Computers. The problem is with Oceanic's code, not MS. Open the location of the Program Short cut, for me (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OCEANIC\Oceanlog 2.x). Right click select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" Run through this and set it for Windows 7.

I use both and OCi and a Cobalt. I moved to Diving Log 6.0 which support both Dive Computers. I ended up purchasing for all three of my devices. It is awesome and personally recommended.

Thanks for your help. That did not seem to fix it.

It's as if the problem is in communicating between the Windows 10 computer and the OCi.

I'll put it through some tests tomorrow and let you know for sure.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom