October 04 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Why did you get "run out of town by the long arm of the law"? :11:

Christian
Newport beach closes their beaches at 10:00pm...and they are serious about it. we parked above and even tried to walk in to corona del mar....the cop made it clear that we would be trespassing if he returned and found us in the water....(he must not like lobster!)

sessions:
Newport beach closes their beaches at 10:00pm...and they are serious about it. we parked above and even tried to walk in to corona del mar....the cop made it clear that we would be trespassing if he returned and found us in the water....(he must not like lobster!)
I didn't realize that a city could "close" the beach at a particular time, unless they consider it a "public safety" issue. I guess I can understand that if there is a "city park" that is being closed. This would mean that the park was between you and the water. But to say that the entire beach is closed at 10pm seems strange.

Maybe he just wants to keep those lobsters for himself! :11:

Christian

Vis: Poor to fair, about 8'
Time: 19:00
Temp: 67
Max Depth: 15' lol
Length: 40 minutes
Surf: 1 foot at 20 seconds
Surge: None
My buddy and myself picked a limit of bugs in 30 minutes. It was fantastic. This honey hole reef was just crawling with bugs. I was also able to comando(knife to the head) an 8 lbs halibut for dinner.
After the first drop, it was so shallow that we put our bc's on the beach, and freedove the spot.

Good times.
Kyle

Date: 10-06-04
Dive Location: Not sure I think it was break water in redondo
Time:8ish
Bottom Time: 73 minutes
Max Depth: dont know
Vis:not too bad
Wave height:small
Temp at depth:cold
Surface Temp:cold
Tide information:dont know
Comments:

I tried again to lobster hunt with the famous Redondo guys and came up empty handed once again. Luckily for me the dives are beautiful out there and the guys are very fun during the surface interval. We were under so long on our last dive we were not able to catch up with some of the group at the brewery. So maybe next time.

I do have to say that this dive site was very beautiful but a bit hazardous becuase of the amount of fishing lines. I was caught once and my buddy actually got hooked by one......so be careful diving this spot...now if I only knew the exact name...sorry....

The topograpghy of this dive was pretty much all rocks on one side and flat sand on the other. This made the dive interesting becuase there were pockets of different organisms in each spot. I enjoyed seeing all the marine life. One thing that caught my eye was a lot of dead lobsters with empty shells.....It didnt look like it was damage done by divers becuase the meat was all removed and the shell pretty much in tact but broken in half. Any ideas to what might have eaten them?

I was able to see lots of rock fish, octopi, lobster, some of the guys saw a lepord shark, one halibut that wouldnt move =), and lots of other cool critters to watch as my buddy tried to catch lobster.

I had a great dive and wanted to thank Hermosa diver and Icy Ice for showing me around the area.

Ana

divebuddysean:
Damn, I really long to knife a halibut to the head!

I'd rather not read about your kills...

Please spare us the details,

Thanks,
LOL Would you rather hear about ripping tails off lobster, tossing the body into a trashcan as they squeek, vibrate, and contiunue to walk around, and left slowly to suffer then die? :)

Kyle

I thought I was watching a beheading video, but then
realized it was Kyle's dive report!

We have to keep this safe and sane for the kiddies.

Not starting a flame war, was just taken by surprise!
Maybe we need some post warning labels. Can you
think of some?

whalerkyle:
I understand. Thanks.
Flame wars occur in certain bars and clubs in Hollywood :)

Kyle
I grew up in Hollywood and I think you're talking about West Hollywood. :11:

Christian

P.S. Mods: That's as far as I'll take this one. No offense meant to anyone. For the full report, you'll have to meet me in person. :wink:

All -- This will NOT turn into a FREAKS Fest. Let's maintain our civility -- no one has crossed the line yet.

While I am personally not a big proponent of hunting, I understand that others are and that it is a accepted part of diving.

Back
Top Bottom