Octopus vs Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I get a RealPlayer dialog box that says it is unable to connect to the server with this message:

rtsp://149.48.46.6:554/wnet/nature/octopus/sharkT1.rm?cloakport=8080,554,7070

Any ideas?

I can't do it either. I'm thinking it's a firewall thing.

Shame, was looking forward to some serious cephalopod action. Anyone remember the program on the Hombolt's Squid in the Sea of Cortez? I think they had it on the BBC's Blue Planet. There were equally vicious, if not more so...

This clip is from "The Octopus Story" on the PBS series "Nature". I caught it about a week ago. Great stuff!
Just goes to show, even if you're the apex preditor, some days it dosn't pay to get out of bed.

Uncle Pug: I had the same problem, but it finally worked after a few tries.

I've getting the link to work but video is more like a slide show ... does anyone know the fix for this?

I already did that - it actually started after I downloaded the newer version! I didn't have any problems with streaming video until I upgraded ..... if you have any other suggestions please feel free to share!

ScubaKims once bubbled...
I already did that - it actually started after I downloaded the newer version! I didn't have any problems with streaming video until I upgraded ..... if you have any other suggestions please feel free to share!

New and improved! That'll teach ya to listen to me.

You might try uninstalling Real Player and see if Windows Media Player will handle it.

I hadn't noticed how much the octo's color changed right before the attack the first time I watched it. I knew they did that, but never saw it so dramatically.

Man I love octopus! I think that's my favorite creature of the ocean. I have a huge octopus tattoo on my right arm that covers my shoulder to about my elbow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom