Octopus vs Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This reminds me of a time I saw a Cockroach being put next to a Scorpion... Guess who won?

The Roach smartly put one of his Antenae on the Scorpion who though that the Roach is on top of him and stung himself to death!!!

Don't be mislead by names or appearances!

WOW!

Never pays to make assumptions, does it?

Thanks for posting this, Dee! :thumb:

~SubMariner~

But I want to know why the octopus attacked the sharks if it didn't feed on them.:confused:

diverkim once bubbled...
But I want to know why the octopus attacked the sharks if it didn't feed on them.:confused:

My guess, eliminating the competition - the tank wasn't big enough for the two of them. :)

To see this through a Firewall,

Right click on the embedded player and choose preferences.
(or left click of your left handed and your mouse is set up that way)

select the Proxy tab, make sure the proxy or firewall settings are correct. If your web works, leave it on "use browser settings"

next Select the Transport Tab,
the transport is usually set to automatic, select Manual, then set the RTSP and PNA settings to HTTP only. This will allow you to stream through an HTTP Proxy/Firewall.

Hope it helps.

Obviously there is still a lot about the giant pacific octopus that we don't know. Amazing video - I wonder if the octopus regularly feeds on smaller sharks or if it learned that wrestling manouver after it was placed in the tank. I know they are highly intelligent. One of our diving friends told us that he & a buddy were playing with a giant pacific octopus & trying to take pictures of it. The buddy had the camera & the octo grabbed it & was playing tug of war with the camera. The diver decided that he really wanted his camera back & started to try to get the octo's tentacles off. Well the octo wasn't finished playing & took the diver's mask off with one of his other arms. When the diver still didn't release the camera, the octo grabbed the guys reg out of his mouth!! (I think they must have a sense of humor in addition to being smart!).

Thanks for posting that video. Way cool! Don't forget, the audio with that clip explains how they were mysteriously finding shark carcasses everday which made them set up the cameras in the first place. That octo was simply just too metal for the sharks and had to prove it.

:bang:

Back
Top Bottom