OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artw once bubbled...
... Restaurants in Brockville. Not suprised to hear about the days inn. We have had crappy service at the Keystorm and crappy food/service at Buds on the Bay...

Actually some of the gang ended up at the Keystorm Pub on Saturday night, had great service, and enjoyed their meals. The previous Sunday I was there with other friends, and didn't have any problems either.

By no means am I totally knocking the Day's Inn. On Friday night they did a great job at accommodating us. It was the staff on Saturday night, and Sunday morning that we had problems with.

I've only been to Brockville the once (July OFWF get together) and was quite happy with the food and service at Buds (although they had apparently goofed on the reservations, they did accomodate us and my meal was fine).
I know a couple of people in food service and in many cases the better staff (usually the ones who've been there longer) get more choice over their days/hours. They'll often work wekdays and Friday eve, then take the weekend off (one lady I know well, works Tue to Friday afternoons/evenings, does not work weekends). That leaves the weekend shifts to less experienced part timers (college/university students) and service takes a dive.

I'm really sorry I missed this get together (although I've been sick and unable to even think of diving since the middle of last week), hopefully we'll make the next one.

DivingGal once bubbled...

Actually some of the gang ended up at the Keystorm Pub on Saturday night, had great service, and enjoyed their meals. The previous Sunday I was there with other friends, and didn't have any problems either.

By no means am I totally knocking the Day's Inn. On Friday night they did a great job at accommodating us. It was the staff on Saturday night, and Sunday morning that we had problems with.

I was away this weekend and unable to attend any of the festivities. Sorry to hear abiut the service at your hotel.

We have a number of new Restaurants opening up in Brockville and some very good established ones for that matter. If you need advice let me know and I'll try to help.

One pair of Green Swim Trunks/Shorts in L. Sorry, I forgot to post this until now. I found them in the picnic shelter at St. Lawrence Park on Sunday afternoon. Also a pair of Kodiak socks, white with black toes. Let me know if they're yours.

Back
Top Bottom