OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I get up this morning, look out the window, and what do I see? WHITE - everything is white - Yep - snow up here in the Barrie area. Hmmmm, lets check the weekend forecast for Brockville...Saturday - Showers and 11, Sunday - Rain and 9.

Cripes, no wonder they call us freaks!! Where did I put that T-shirt?

See ya later today!

Yes the freaks started gathering in Brockville on Friday, by the evening there was a minor (but very important) gathering.

Gosh one moment there were two, then four, then by golly a full dozen!

We all headed out the next morning to pick up our charter. Though already some had a few problems -- not naming names, but some rather important equipment (dry suit undies) were sort of forgotten back home.

Then the dives for day 1. Someone out there was having fun with our gang I'll tell you!. First the Lillie - a drop a drift (thank you no hiking across the island). -- among the problems - a few folks sort of heading the wrong way, a dry suit flood, "instabilitiy" errr arguing? with a drysuit, and missing the line up (they were the only two who truely visited two islands). But generally a fun time was had. Then we moved on the Muskie -- no buoy... so to the Gaskin we went. Alas an equalizing problem had one diver aborting.

The dinner (we won't go there) -- let's just say I had words with the management for the service errr lack of service we had. But congratulations to the prize winners: hnladue - the draw winner (truly a Canadian now sporting the new hat & t-shirt, mcrae - the long distance winner, and Jamie - a consolation prize for truely getting wet.

Day 2. We were joined by Kaos, but a few decided not to join us, but missed a couple of great dives. First the Darayw. Sigh our not-so great luck struck again -- we won't name names, but some who was part of the drop and drift to wreck, came back on board forgetting... nah we ribbed him enough today :D The rest we went down the line, toured a bit then did the "superman" dift along the keel back to the line. Wheeeee. Dive two back to the Lilly. By golly our gathering jinks was lifted, and all went well

I had a great time, and met some new friends. This is starting to be habbit forming!

Some pics to follow....

Even I had fun. My first dive on Saturday I just about completely flooded my drysuit, and did not make the second dive. Then I had to leave early on Saturday so that I could work today (Sunday) Still at work by the way.

Anyways it was great to meet new people and next year if we do the meet again my wife won't be pregnant and could get in on the diving as well.

Diver Gadget a.k.a. Jamie

Diver Gadget-don't feel bad!! I had to abort the second dive cause I couldn't get an ear to clear!! And after the little 'detour' mcrae took us on, I was well worn out!!! Good weekend for all, but NEVER VISIT DIVE TECH!!! It's a money pit!!!

Diver Joe, Dave (friend of Diver Joe) E and I looked for you folks after our dive on Saturday (double dive on the Daryaw) and could not find you... had dinner in East Side Marios. Sorry to miss you all.

DivingGal once bubbled...

Some pics to follow....

Here's one.... thanks to all, especially diver gadget for giving me his spot this morning.

Cheers

Jean

diver gadget once bubbled...
Even I had fun. My first dive on Saturday I just about completely flooded my drysuit, and did not make the second dive. Then I had to leave early on Saturday so that I could work today...

Sorry Dude -- just couldn't remember your handle here...

Ask "wetvet" how wet he got on day 2... you shouldn't feel toooooo bad :D

Doppler once bubbled...
Diver Joe, Dave (friend of Diver Joe) E and I looked for you folks after our dive on Saturday (double dive on the Daryaw) and could not find you... had dinner in East Side Marios. Sorry to miss you all.

We were hiding in the bad service restaurant of the Days Inn. My wife and I had to leave early but I heard that some members of the group goy fed up and headed off to the Keystorm.

DivingGal once bubbled...

Sorry Dude -- just couldn't remember your handle here...

Ask "wetvet" how wet he got on day 2... you shouldn't feel toooooo bad :D

No problem, I was only around for the one day I guess. Plus I guess Wetvet did not get a prize. So who would have won, Him or I?

diver gadget once bubbled...

No problem, I was only around for the one day I guess. Plus I guess Wetvet did not get a prize. So who would have won, Him or I?

Let's just say, his dry suit was not so dry. He did try "blaming"??? some one else on board, but.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom