OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sure was fun meeting everyone and getting our first fresh water dives under our belts. Now were true Canadian divers. Who would have thought we would have gotten all the way to dive #38 before doing anything here at home.

For anyone interested, Jeans pic posted above - left to right...

WetVet - Mike, DivingGal - June, Lurch - Rob, Kaos - Jean, Boogie711 - Jeff, DiverLady - Lynne, Scuba Duffer - Peter, and Mrs Scuba Duffer - Patty.

Too bad we didn't get a shot with everyone that was there over the weekend in it. I'm sure more will follow.

Thanks to everyone for a fun weekend, and especially to June for suggesting and organizing it (even if your taste in restaurants leaves something to be desired:D )!

Peter & Patty

I was the one who left my weightbelt on board. I was the one who zipped up Wetvet and made his suit flood. I was the one who replaced the batteries in my computer with dead ones, and made Wetvet do an extended safety stop (in a flooded suit) to make sure no one got bent. I was the one who made it rain, I was the one who pulled the mooring line off the Muskie, and I was the one who shot Bambi's mom.

It's OK. I was punished. Pictures will be posted when I get back to my home-office. I'm doing hotel duty for the next few days.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I was the one who left my weightbelt on board. I was the one who zipped up Wetvet and made his suit flood. I was the one who replaced the batteries in my computer with dead ones, and made Wetvet do an extended safety stop (in a flooded suit) to make sure no one got bent. I was the one who made it rain, I was the one who pulled the mooring line off the Muskie, and I was the one who shot Bambi's mom.

It's OK. I was punished. Pictures will be posted when I get back to my home-office. I'm doing hotel duty for the next few days.

Now you see why I passed on this trip. I knew he'd be so emotional about his latest dive toy (drysuit) that he'd screw everything up. I suppose I should have warned y'all. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear that he forgot he was diving dry and peed in his shiny new drysuit, too.

John F

Had a great time, was fun to put names and faces to handles. Fun dives, even with bad wather and the complaining....wait that was me.:) Don't be so hard on yourself Boogie.. I am sure we won't let you live it down for a good long time.

I had a great time this weekend even with the weather issues, restaurant issues, my drysuit issues (I'm the one with the buoyancy issues on the Lilly arguing with my drysuit - I think it won that round! I won the next two. Dammit I hate that drysuit!)

It was great meeting everyone and I'm looking forward to doing this again next summer - when it's warm and I can wear a WETSUIT!!

Diverlady

Hi all, I also want to say it was great meeting everyone and a special thanks to June for setting it up.

Next time, and with no offence to Brockville supporters, but what about Kingston. A lot more dive options and no current:)

PS. Jeff I still have your light. PM me when you get back and I will arrange to get it to you.

Gary

It was soooo nice of Boogie to take the "blame" for so many things, but it was just one of those trips that it seems everyone had something go wrong.

Like Duffer said, I was the one who chose the restaurant... having it handy in the hotel seemed like a good choice, but we found out it was not!

Mcrae -- already working on Kingston for next season. What I'm thinking of trying to arrange is a weekend of diving -- allowing for either morning or afternoon charters sometime in late August.

Glad that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Tom R once bubbled...
Kingston's not a problem, let me I gots da boats.
Camping close by

Let me know what you would like.

Tom

Sounds like a good plan. I'll be in touch...

Sorry I didn't get to shoredive with some of you folks like I wanted to. I ended up in the quarry playing with the new suit.

Restaurants in Brockville. Not suprised to hear about the days inn. We have had crappy service at the Keystorm and crappy food/service at Buds on the Bay. It's just Subway or equivalent fast food when I am in Brockville now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom