OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artw once bubbled...
Well the water is 55F.
would you like to join us at prescott docks. we hope to be there before dark. which is early nowadays , around 6pm

What time are you thinking? We are both off work that day so we were planning on getting down there fairly early - early afternoon - 1 or 2. We will have to leave ourselves enough time to get the tank refilled for Saturday morning.

I must work that day, or I'd find the time to dive in the afternoon.

I'll meet any and all for 6pm at the pub at the hotel. Reservation under === OFWF.

Diverlady and I plan to do a shore dive Saturday afternoon for anyone interested. We'll be back in plenty of time to air fills and get cleaned up for "the" party (and prize giving) on Saturday night. -- same place, same time, one day later.

We picked up our brand new reg sets today so we're ready to go. We have replaced everything, suits, bcds, regs, fins so were really looking forward to some diving this weekend!

If you guys are doing a shore dive, will you be refilling in between or do you have 3 tanks?

Man - not looking forward to getting back into that wetsuit for the second dive.....brrrrrrrrrrr

Anyone have directions to Dive Tech and the Charter place from the hotel?? I'd like to stop by both places and settle my bills before hand. Also need to get my tanks and reg from Dive tech. Or will someone be around to show me how to get there?? I'll be arriving and noon on Friday. Also does anyone know where we pick up the boat? I hope it's not too far from the hotel!

hnladue once bubbled...
Anyone have directions to Dive Tech and the Charter place from the hotel?? I'd like to stop by both places and settle my bills before hand. Also need to get my tanks and reg from Dive tech. Or will someone be around to show me how to get there?? I'll be arriving and noon on Friday. Also does anyone know where we pick up the boat? I hope it's not too far from the hotel! [/QUOTE

I just came across this thread, but unfortunately among the almost 200 messages, I can't figure out what the plan is... are there charters on Friday and Saturday? I'd be interested in joining along if there is space available... le me know, I'll be reading this thread again tonight.

hnladue once bubbled...
Anyone have directions to Dive Tech and the Charter place from the hotel??

Dive Tech (www.divetech.ca) is located on highway 2 in Mallorytown. To get there, take exit 687 from the 401, make your you way onto Highway 2 West (Mallorytown direction) and look to your right for a house wich has a dive flag attached to a pole (actually a TV anteanea if I remember correctly) on the roof. That's your only indication, the house doesn't look like a dive shop at all. The shop is in fact the garage-like building East of the house. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but you won't believe all the inventory they have inside!

Hope this helps.

K

Kaos once bubbled...
[
I just came across this thread, but unfortunately among the almost 200 messages, I can't figure out what the plan is... are there charters on Friday and Saturday? I'd be interested in joining along if there is space available... le me know, I'll be reading this thread again tonight. [/B]

The basic plan is Charter Saturday and Sunday. Meet Friday and Saturday at the Days Inn for 6 for meet and greet. Shore dives happening with a few people Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The weekend in a nutshell.

I think the Charter is full. Except I have now been told I have to work Sunday of this weekend. I will be diving Saturday on the boat but will have to leave Saturday night. That leave's an extra spot for Sunday. Any takers?

I will be in Brockville/Mallorytown over the weekend and hope to bump into some of you. What's the scoop for supper on Saturday? Please inform... ta

For the gathering of the freaks.... here's the "low" down:

Friday October 24th
Some folks arrive in Brockville, most are staying at The Day's Inn just off the 401 at the North Augusta exit.

If they arrive earlier in the day (lucky folks) they plan to get in a shore dive or two.

6pm -ish, meet at the Fieldstone Pub in the Days Inn for meet, greet and nourishment.

Saturday October 25th
Morning charter out of St Lawrenece Park with the charter operator -- wrecks planned: Lillie Parsons and Robert Gaskin.

Afternoon - shore dives or 'free time' to go exploring the area.

6pm -ish, meet at the Fieldstone Pub in the Days Inn for meet, greet and nourishment. Prize event.

Sunday October 26th
Morning charter out of St Lawrenece Park with the charter operator -- wrecks: TBD

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom